Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diagonjope
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Limitations on using the Qlik Data Movement Gateway when using SAP HANA V1 Runtime Edition license???...

Greetings!

We have a prospect that is using SAP R3 (to be more precise: ECC 6 EHP 8 SAP_BASIS 750_0004) using a Runtime Edition license of HANA v1. 

My questions are the following:

* Are there any limitations in the functionality of the Qlik Data Movement Gateway (other than the ones explicitly mentioned in the help.qlik.com page) caused by the use of a Runtime Edition of HANA (vs. Enterprise Edition)?;

* Would the customer be able to use both the SAP Application and Database connectors in the Data Movement Gateway or does the Runtime Edition of HANA limits which of these connectors can be used?;

* If there are limitations caused by the use of the Runtime Edition of HANA, how do these impact the use of the Qlik SAP Accelerators?;

* Is use of SAP ODP included in the Runtime Edition of HANA; and,

* When will the Data Movement gateway support ODP?

Please advise.

Cheers,

++José

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Andrew_INEOS
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'm wanting to follow this topic as we're going to be implementing similar. Unfortunately I don't have any solutions for you, but I suspect given the time since your question you possibly found a solution and if so, I wondered if you could share it here please? Many thanks in advance.

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

For RunTime license restricted environments, current support would be handled by the SAP extractor endpoint. 

However, SAP ODP is currently being worked on.   I cannot provide an explicit timeframe via this forum.  Please dm or email me if you would like to discuss.  Thanks, Tim.