Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lonarkesa
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Compose (Old Attunity Compose) on Azure Sql Managed Instance

Anyone have any experience with Qlik Compose on Azure SQL Managed Instance?

We just started testing a migration to ASMI and have had nothing but issues. Comparing the performance we get to our on-prem environment, everything is way slower in the ASMI instance we configured. I'm sure if we plowed $13k or more per month into a larger instance stuff would run faster....not an option.

I managed to tune our replication full load from 18hrs down to 3hours by experimenting with session buffer count/size. Didn't have to do any tuning in our on-prem environment, everything default right out of the box, so this came as quite a surprise.

I started rebuilding our DMs, this is where our on-prem environment does pretty well. Using the same config in Azure runs 10x longer.

I'm just curious how big some of your ASMI instances are and what type of performance you are getting.

Things to note:

On-prem Windows2019 VM, 8/32 gig, HDD disk - nothing special

Azure Compose server D series Windows2019 4/16, HDD disk - nothing special

Azure SMI - Basic 4core/2TB storage, hdd disk - nothing special

Source 290 tables, 200 Million rows, around 50k new rows per day

Replicated (with Qlik Replicate) - realtime

Qlik DM - Full load 6hrs on-prem well over 60hours in Azure: 12 fact tables, 50dims 300 million rows in full load, around 60k-70k per day

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hello @lonarkesa 

It sounds from the description that there are some internal connectivity issues within the target, or even load in the machine itself.

But before going further with any assumption, we do need please to investigate this further.

To do so, we need logs, target behavior, DM/DWH tasks logs, etc.

Therefore, if you're still facing this behavior, kindly raise an incident with our Support team and we will assist you with this matter.

Kind Regards,

Adam