Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santoi21
Contributor II
Contributor II

Generate ETL: Log Tables Not Present

Hello. I am attempting to drop and recreate a DW in Compose Version November 2020 (7.0.0.253)

I am receiving this error when attempting to generate the ETL instructions, so that I can then Run the ETL.

I cannot find anything in the documentation relating to it, nor a search here.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

explorer_cgs5vBgC1F.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shashi_holla
Support
Support

On a side note, 7.0 version is already out of Support and you should plan for an upgrade soon. 

The original error just says that the TLOG tables are missing but the task instructions are generated successfully and should be able to run them.

But if you like to avoid getting the error then please Drop and create the Datawarehouse tables as per the user guide link below.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/compose/August2021/Content/ComposeDWDL/Main/DW/Data%20Warehouse/drop_and...

The link is for a newer version of Compose but process should not have changed much.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
shashi_holla
Support
Support

Hi @santoi21 

By looking at the error message looks like the TLOG tables are missing in the Datawarehouse schema. Could you please validate the DataWarehouse and check if it throws any errors.

Thanks,

santoi21
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the response. When I validate the DW it completes successfully:

firefox_BEx2TvWeSd.pngfirefox_LbuU8e1p9n.png

shashi_holla
Support
Support

On a side note, 7.0 version is already out of Support and you should plan for an upgrade soon. 

The original error just says that the TLOG tables are missing but the task instructions are generated successfully and should be able to run them.

But if you like to avoid getting the error then please Drop and create the Datawarehouse tables as per the user guide link below.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/compose/August2021/Content/ComposeDWDL/Main/DW/Data%20Warehouse/drop_and...

The link is for a newer version of Compose but process should not have changed much.

Thank you,

santoi21
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, I realized that also in debugging I kept "Generate DDL scripts but do not run" selected in the project settings, that was probably preventing the full drop and recreate.

Following the steps worked, and I will let my manager know its time to upgrade! I marked your reply as correct.

shashi_holla
Support
Support

Great, Thank you.