Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Jennell_McIntire
Employee
Employee

With the June 2020 release of Qlik Sense came many chart enhancements.  My favorite is the addition of mini charts to a table. In a table, a measure can be visualized via a mini chart as either bars, dots, sparklines, or positive/negative.

table.png

This enhancement not only makes a table more appealing to look at, but it can easily point out changes and trends in the data. To add a mini chart to a table, follow these simple steps:

1. Add a measure to the table. In the example above, Sum(Sales) is the measure.
  2. In the Properties window of the table, change Representation to Mini chart.
  3. Select the dimension to indicate what data to view. In the table above, Month was the selected dimension.
  4. Select the Type of mini chart to add (bars, dots, sparklines or positive/negative).

That is it, the mini chart is added to the table. There are other options that can be adjusted to change the look and feel of the mini chart. In the Colors area, there is the option to select the color of the bar/dot/line as well as the option to select the color of the max value, min value, first value and last value. If showing a sparkline mini chart, you also have the option to show dots on the line for each data point of the selected dimension. The y-axis can also be adjusted for the mini chart. There is the option to use local or global so you can decide if the y-axis range is based on the specific row or all rows. There is also the choice to select auto, zero as baseline or zero as center for the y-axis. Read more about mini chart in Qlik Help.

Mini charts are eye candy for your table. Dress up the measures in your table with mini charts to provide another layer of information in an easy to digest manner. Learn more about the Qlik Sense June 2020 release by checking the links below:

Thanks,

Jennell

4 Comments
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Great news Jennell,

This is one of the QlikView features that I've been waiting on for several years. It's an important feature that is very hard to replicate in other ways. I'm surprised you consider it to be eye candy.

Thanks for the update,

Barnaby.

qlikmeup
Contributor III
Contributor III

THX for the info 🙂

0 Likes
Amala
Contributor
Contributor

@Jennell_McIntire , thank for the reply.

i tried in the same way but am getting the view like below.

how to get it in proper way like bars based on the number value

Amala_0-1665564560691.png

I need to something like this.

Amala_1-1665564596695.png

0 Likes
Jennell_McIntire
Employee
Employee

Hi Amala,

To accomplish what you are looking for, consider embedding a dynamic graphic using SVF.  Patric create an example of this on the "Images in tables" sheet in the WhatsNewNov2021.qvf found here.  You can check out the properties of this chart to see how the images were created.

Jennell_McIntire_1-1665585480696.png

Hope this helps.

Jennell