Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

When I was growing up, I used to love those books where you could make choices for the characters, shaping the story as you read it.

1.jpg

A few months ago, a popular streaming service came up with same idea for one of its titles, and it was a serious blast. Probably because, for the first time (that I’m aware of), it flipped the experience from passive tv watching to active engagement with the characters.

We had the opportunity to play an exciting role in Tinder Swipe Night. The Swipe Night experience is a first-person adventure narrative where people can make choices, each decision leads to a different adventure that can lead to matches.

2.png

Tinder's Swipe Night is, in my opinion, a brilliant implementation of the self driven adventure.  We built two visualizations for their opening night showing event at Tinder corporate office headquarters in Los Angeles. The pieces where design to be displayed in a big tv wall as you can see in the picture below

3.png

We produced two main pieces, the Generation Insights Map is an interactive visualization that showed user engagement during the opening night. The dots provided insight on popularity of Swipe Night within two different age groups.

The second piece tracked which endings users were generating based on their critical decisions and how the numbers changed over time.

We published both pieces in our demo site  https://qdt-apps.qlik.com/swipe-night/ for you to explore.

I hope you enjoy it, and if dating is your thing, happy matching!

Arturo