Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Character Encoding Issue in pg_log on Qlik

Dear Qlik,

I hope this message finds you well.
I am writing to bring to your attention an issue related to character encoding in the pg_log on Qlik.

When executing queries in the Qlik script and encountering errors, we would like to review the pg_log for more information.
However, we are experiencing difficulties as the characters are displaying incorrectly, making it challenging to understand the content.

qwebnm_0-1699850624123.png

Even after setting the client_encoding to UTF8, the issue persists, and we are unsure of the appropriate steps to address this concern.
If you have any guidance on how to prevent character encoding issues, we would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Additionally, if you could provide guidance on how to display error logs when executing queries in the script, it would be highly beneficial.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
We look forward to your guidance and assistance.

Thanks & Regards.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

In general, Replicate works in UTF8. The information in the log is displayed based on the environmental encoding setting. From the example, it seems like the enviroment encouding setting is set to Korean. If you open this log with Notepad++ you'll probably be able to read the log properly. 

Thanks & regards.

Orit

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for your response.

Could you please provide guidance on how to retrieve script errors when loading data in a QlikSense app? The script connects to a PostgreSQL database to fetch data, and the script is as follows:

qwebnm_0-1700441330422.png 

qwebnm_1-1700441358006.png

Even after attempting data loading, I am unable to capture any script errors. I have configured the "Wen to Log" section in postgresql.conf from debug5 to panic, but still, no errors are appearing.

qwebnm_2-1700441394337.png

Is it not possible to capture database query errors during data loading, or is there an alternative approach?

I would appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Thank you.

hanma93
Contributor
Contributor

You don’t have to convert it to epub if it’s already an epub. Use calibre to encode in UTF-8. It will fix it. It’s kinda tricky at first but once you get it set up it’s easy