Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculated Measure export (Qlik sense env) to Nprinting environment

Hi ,

I have created a set expression for table object in Qlik sense. The same object when i am tried to generate the report in ##Nprinting , it is not getting generated. 

Set Expression used is : only(
{<[Delivery Service Code]={$(=$(vSupportingServices))}>}
[Supplier Function])

variable used  vsupportingservices : concat(distinct(chr(39)&[Supporting Services]&chr(39)),',')

Please assist in priority.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Balajitnv230 

Please provide more detail as to where you are using the described syntax. Is it as:

• Calculated Dimension
  • Measure
  • NPrinting filter

Also

• Have you tested this in a text object? Is the formula valid against your data model?
  • Can you show an image as to exactly how you are using it in Qlik Sense Dashboard or NPrinting Filter? You mentioned table object but please specify as per above so we can have a complete understanding.

Lots of folks here will be able to advise...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How do you define in NPrinting what is selected in [Supporting Services] field?

• Do you apply it as a report/task or recipient NPrinting filter

Also are you sure that your Qlik Sense application meets all requirements:

• no "always one selected value" properties applied
  • no "default bookmarks" or "sheet triggers"

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Frank,

I have tried this as calculated dimension at first, since the object havent got captured in Nprint development, I have applied same as calculated measure, then object got captured and placed in the template as required.

The error which i got then is "cycle expansion produces empty filter".

I have even tried this as text object, the result remains same.

Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The Field Supporting services is derived from another field DS ,with the above set analysis  in Qlik app. To put in other words, supporting services are part of DS and present in same column labelled DS. then we derive it.

I am using DS as level for report generation. So when i dragged in above expression as calculated measure, Nprint gives "cycle expansion produces empty filter" error.  

Could the set analysis i have written be taken into load script (need to write a logic) as an alternative way.?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Lets get naming convention straight:

only({<[Delivery Service Code]={$(=$(vSupportingServices))}>}[Supplier Function])

The above expression in Qlik Sense can only be in:

• measure
  • calculated dimension
  • or variable value

now the question is how you define field DS you are using in LEVEL?

Since it is level I would assume it is not calculation (calculated dimension), but simple field loaded in script. 

Otherwise as per documentation it will not work, right? https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The DS field is nothing but Delivery Service code. it is a straight field, that i am using as level.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

ok then... so lets start over..

Since you are talking about level I am assuming you are using a excel template.

In that excel template you have Level based on DS field. DS field in Level meant to loop through and I guess your Idea isto be able for each value derive [Delivery Service Code] based on function.

So in theory it should work, but I guess there are other things which we dont see like:

• data model
  • what is selected and what is excluded when you loop through DS field
  • What is the whole table structure
    • you just gave us the measure with set expression, so what are the other columns in your object table?
  • Is below structure of your NPrinting template?

<DS_Level>

<Table> where measure is using set expression:only({<[Delivery Service Code]={$(=$(vSupportingServices))}>}[Supplier Function])

<DS_LEVEL>

To be 100% honest I am little bit lost with what you are trying to achieve and I am also 100% sure that there are easier ways of doing it. This however is little bit like rabbit hole. We are focusing on your approach and not the best approach we can provide to deliver solution.

I would suggest you start over by describing in details (including detaileds screenshots) each step:

• snapshot of data mode so we can see reletionships between tables
  • your chart and its properties including dimensions and measures definitions
  • screenshot of your NPrinting template with as much details as possible..

in other words provide us with the steps to replicate your issue...

in this question you can find a sample on how to ask question with all steps required to replicate issue: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Chart-Legend-containing-Date-has-different-...

Btw: what is your Qlik Sense exact version?

cheers