Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveviscountrxs
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Error - NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting Template Editor for the File

I am getting the following Error when I try and Edit a Template in NPrinting.  I have tried everything to try and get it fixed.  Any suggestions?

QlikError2.jpg

15 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi David,

Make sure you have supported version of MS Excel installed on the machine where you are opening NPritning Designer. Make sure you use the same version of NPrinting Designer as the version of your Server and Engine. Also make sure you meet all requirements from https://help.qlik.com for NPrinting

the most obvious is:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-re...

Microsoft Office must be installed locally on computers where Qlik NPrinting Designer is installed if you plan to created and manage Excel, PowerPoint, or Word report templates.

You do not need Microsoft Office to manage HTML and PixelPerfect report templates.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi David,

Here we are more than happy to help people to use Qlik NPrinting at its best, but this question is already answered a lot of time in the community. So please start by searching your question before to post a new one.

Thanks a Lot,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
daveviscountrxs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I think I have gone through every question and answer for this issue.  I tried everything they suggested and I still can't fix the issue.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi David,

In such case it would be helpful to reference topics you have already gone through - so we could see what you already know....

At the same time you do not specify anything about your environment & setup (versions etc...)

I am also looking at the error which points to YOUR AppData local user folder - did you install Designer using ADMIN elevated privilages (run installer as an Administrator) ?

I remeber that it was a case in some environments.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on my experience this error appears only when you have not installed a supported version of Microsoft Office in the computer where you are running the Qlik NPrinting Designer.

Try to create and edit an HTML or a PixelPerfect report and you will not see the error because these two types of reports don't need Microsoft Office to be edited. Please confirm here that they work.

I also agree with lech_miszkiewicz‌ about the details.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
daveviscountrxs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found the problem.  I had Fix scaling for apps set to "No".  Once I switched it to "Yes", NPrinting worked.

QlikError.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for sharing David - this is very useful insight!

rpc‌ - Ruggero - do you think this can be replicated and tested and if it is a common problem maybe we could put note in help documentation?

cheers

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Maybe it is this know limitation:

Qlik NPrinting Designer crashes sometimes with zoomed screen settings

If you experience random crashes when using Qlik NPrinting Designer, open your Windows Display Settings in the Control Panel and verify that Smaller – 100% (default) is selected. When settings of 125% or 150% are selected, Qlik NPrinting Designer may crash.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - that's great - What i meant was to include in this information the actual error meassage "NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting Template Editor for the File so it would be easier to trace it back. Neither you or me even thought about this problem when we approach this topic.

I had this isse before and for this particular zoom setting NPrinting Designer used to crash (or rather hang) on me. It has never throw an error. It was different behaviour. That is why i would say it would be worth changing description to also linke it to this error message

regards

Lech