Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Nprinting object coming blank using Input Box field in Qlik sense app

Hi All,

I'm facing issue with one of the object in Nprinting. I'm using input box extension and assigned a variable to include the value for one of the calculation. When i enter the value in the input box my expression is calculating in the object and i see the object is populating with values but when i generate the deck i see the object is coming as blank. I tested removing the input box and assigned value to the variable and its working fine. Is this something the input box extension is not supported in Nprinting? 

Thanks,

Anil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@dandaanilreddy 

You didn't mention it explicitly but I presume you are referring an issue with variables and input boxes when used with On Demand.

In any case note that either is not supported and that is documented here.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

On-Demand reporting: You cannot create connections to QlikView documents that use the following if you are generating On-Demand reports:

• Variable selections used from input buttons as triggers to select data
  • Input boxes
  • Calculated dimensions
  • Hidden tabs

To work around, use directly selectible, associative list boxes (or similar objects) in your application. Please note that the above also applies to Qlik Sense...I will start a documentation bug to get the related Qlik Sense help page updated to include these limitations.

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

@dandaanilreddy 

You didn't mention it explicitly but I presume you are referring an issue with variables and input boxes when used with On Demand.

In any case note that either is not supported and that is documented here.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

On-Demand reporting: You cannot create connections to QlikView documents that use the following if you are generating On-Demand reports:

• Variable selections used from input buttons as triggers to select data
  • Input boxes
  • Calculated dimensions
  • Hidden tabs

To work around, use directly selectible, associative list boxes (or similar objects) in your application. Please note that the above also applies to Qlik Sense...I will start a documentation bug to get the related Qlik Sense help page updated to include these limitations.

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!