Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonSwanson
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense NPrinting On Demand Not Working for Filters

Hi All,

Working on Qlik Sense 2020.  Running into an issue with our Qlik Sense NPrinting On Demand feature.  I have had no issues with it prior to this. 

For whatever reason, when selecting 1 filter, we have zero issues.  When I select another filter, it doesn't work past a certain point based on Alphabetical order it seems like.  I am wondering if there are just too many options for NPrinting to sort through for this particular filter the user selects. Below is the status code error I'm receiving. 

Status Code: 500
Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@RonSwanson

• Are you making selections directly in the Qlik Sense hub?
  • How exactly are you encountering the error you mentioned?
    • In the load script editor when reloading data? Or in the Qlik Sense hub?

Please provide this additional information plus screenshots of the error and selections made where possible.

In the meantime, ensure you do not have any filters associated with your your NP report and that you have no unsupported items in your QVF. 

Thank you!

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
RonSwanson
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Good Evening @Frank_S, thanks for replying.  I am making selections in the dashboard itself.

Ill do my best to describe, it's kind of hard to describe in writing.

When I select FacilityType & Click the On Demand "Run Report", it runs no problem.  If I select FacilityType & CorporateParent nothing happens.  I went into the backend of NPrinting and tried to set these particular filters to validate data & when I typed in the CorporateParent I wanted, they don't appear at all.  Normally, they auto populate as you type them. 

It almost seems like NPrinting cannot pick up the CorporateParent past a certain point in the alphabetized list.  Maybe there is too many CPs?  WG.pngFT.JPG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @RonSwanson 

The Run Button extensions on your screen is blue. The default OnDemand objects which comes with Qlik Sense does not have ability to change colour of the button so something has been done to it or you are using not official OnDemand extension object.

Also what is the version of Qlik Sense you are using? Older versions (2018/2019's) had some bugs similar to yours

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The other behaviour when you tried to type in value in NPrinting console when creating filter - not all values are cached so it is normal that not all values will pop-up when you start typing. This is documented here: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1650961797070.png

also check if there is section access maybe in use which could also affect the way this works?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
RonSwanson
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Good Morning Lech,

Thank you!  Turns out I was using an older extension for NPrinting.  Once I used the default OnDemand object, it works fine.  There might be an issue with that extension that was installed?  Either way it is working now.  Thanks all.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Excellent - glad we could help.

cheers