cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Variable Input Pass to NPrinting

We are testing out the Variable Input extension Qlik provides in their bundle but it does not appear to work with NPrinting.  Is there something I need to do in order for this to work with an NPrinting report?

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @bbergstrom 

It would be useful to precise your question little bit more as the answer to your question depends on what you are actually asking:

1. Option 1: NPrinting works with Variable input extension. Extension can be used as an Image on your template and Image will represent exactly what you see on screen in Qlik Sense for that object.
    1. value can be than changed using Variable filters (available from NPrinting November 2019)
  2. Option 2: OnDemand NPrinting reports and variables passed by users. So variables are not being passed as a "state" when On Demand report gets generated. It is not extension related thing - It is just how it works. Full stop!!
    1. this has been already discussed:
      1. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/On-Demand-in-Qlik-Sense-dynamic-name-of-the...
      2. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Variable-in-on-demand-QV-don-t-change-value...
      3. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/variables-in-nprinting/td-p/1153341

Hope above answers your question

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jcdm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi. I know this is an old topic. I am working with NPrinting May 2021 SR5. I have exactly the same issue, I thought I was going to be able to pass variables but it's not possible. The workaround with selections would be fine for the solution I need but what I cannot do is to use the selection as a filter when the field is set to have always one value, it breaks and I need to end the session and start all over again to make it work. Any suggestion on how to handle this? Thank you, 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @jcdm 

Always one selected value is not supported in app which NPrinting is connecting to. 

The workaround is to:

• Have UI Qlik Sense app which can have always 1 selected value used and OnDemand Button configured in it
  • Have duplicate of the same Qlik Sense app (but with always one selected removed). That app can be binary load (so exactly the same data model) with all objects required for NPrinting and with Nprinting connecting to it and producing reports from it
  • That way your UI passes your always 1 selected value selection to NPrinting which can then apply it as a filter on Qlik Sense app (without always one selected property) and produce report from it. 

That is the only solution you can have and we have already discuss this on community on multiple occasions.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jcdm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz , thank for your input and prompt reply.

I've just tried it and it worked fine. I would have expected an issue with this solution though, as the NPrinting connection is not set to work with the UI app...

Thank you again, 

Regards,

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No, there shouldn't be any problem if configured properly. 
I have many clients using this setup without problems. 

You may want to keep one connection in Nprinting app to avoid any confusion

David_Friend
Support
Support

@bbergstrom next time just start a new post but reference the old one if you see exact same issue thanks!!

bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@David_Friend I was the OP, not the one who reopened it.

David_Friend
Support
Support

Oh my bad, I tagged you by mistake, @jcdm here you go 🙂