Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QNP_LG
Contributor II
Contributor II

Why NPrinting report does not apply the filters from my dashboard

Hello,

I have created a dashboard using Qlik Sense and it has 4 to 5 sheets. Based on my organization requirement, Each of the sheets has few filters and for each of the filters, I have selected some options and applied a bookmark so that when the user selects the dashboard, they can see the desired results.

When I generate a report using NPrinting, none of the filters are applied. Why is that?

What is the point of creating or apply variables during the NPrining Report? Why does the Qlik Entity option from NPrining, just take a screenshot of my sheet with applied filter?

Is there an option to get the report of my sheet with filters applied?

Any help will be really appreciated?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @QNP_LG 

Thanks for your question.

First NPrinting works ideally with a selectionless state. Meaning if you have any unsupported items which interfere with this selectionless state (ie NPrinting clears all selections by default when generating reports.) the report output may not be exported as expected. (Also bookmarks containing a set of selections cannot be used as NPrinting filters).

Unsupported Qlik Sense objects

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

Further, by default NPrinting will 'clear selections' when processing reports (NPrinting is not able to unsupported items which is why they must not be used)

To ensure you receive the right output, you will need to create NPrinting filters and apply those directly to your NPrinting report.

So to ensure success you may wish to:

• Create a separate copy of the QVF and use this copy for NPrinting reporting purposes while leaving the original in tact to keep the user experience unfettered
  • Keep unsupported items and bookmarks out of the copy
  • Create NPrinting field and variable filters to emulate selections as needed
  • Update your NPrinting connection to point to the copied QVF

Wish I could tell you more but that's about it and I hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @QNP_LG 

Thanks for your question.

First NPrinting works ideally with a selectionless state. Meaning if you have any unsupported items which interfere with this selectionless state (ie NPrinting clears all selections by default when generating reports.) the report output may not be exported as expected. (Also bookmarks containing a set of selections cannot be used as NPrinting filters).

Unsupported Qlik Sense objects

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

Further, by default NPrinting will 'clear selections' when processing reports (NPrinting is not able to unsupported items which is why they must not be used)

To ensure you receive the right output, you will need to create NPrinting filters and apply those directly to your NPrinting report.

So to ensure success you may wish to:

• Create a separate copy of the QVF and use this copy for NPrinting reporting purposes while leaving the original in tact to keep the user experience unfettered
  • Keep unsupported items and bookmarks out of the copy
  • Create NPrinting field and variable filters to emulate selections as needed
  • Update your NPrinting connection to point to the copied QVF

Wish I could tell you more but that's about it and I hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
QNP_LG
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Frank. I will try your suggestions

Frank_S
Support
Support

You're very welcome @QNP_LG 

Frank_S
Support
Support

New Article: