NPrinting Qlik Sense bookmarks and other saved selections not working

Last Update:

May 10, 2022 3:15:54 PM

Updated By:

Jamie_Gregory

Created date:

May 14, 2021 1:39:12 PM

Question

I have created a dashboard using Qlik Sense.

Requirement: Each of the sheets has few filters/selections and for each of the filters/selections, I have selected some options and applied a bookmark so that when the user selects the dashboard, they can see the desired results.

When I generate a report using NPrinting, none of the filter/selections are applied. Why is that?

Answer

First NPrinting works ideally with a selectionless state. Meaning if you have any unsupported items which interfere with this selectionless state (NPrinting inherently 'clears selections' - included Qlik Sense default bookmarks -  when generating NPrinting reports.) the report output may not be exported as expected. (Additionally of note, QS bookmarks containing a selection or set of selections cannot be used as NPrinting filters. Further QS bookmarks enabled/saved as the 'default' state of the QS dashboard is ignored and a 'cleared selection' state is observed).

Unsupported Qlik Sense objects

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

Further, by default NPrinting will 'clear selections' when processing reports (NPrinting is not able to unsupported items which is why they must not be used)

To ensure you receive the right output, you will need to create NPrinting filters and apply those directly to your NPrinting report.

So to ensure success you may wish to:

• Create a separate copy of the QVF and use this copy for NPrinting reporting purposes while leaving the original in tact to keep the user experience unfettered
  • Keep unsupported items and bookmarks out of the copy
  • Create NPrinting field and variable filters to emulate selections as needed
  • Update your NPrinting connection to point to the copied QVF

Related Information:

Tags (1)
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-05-10 03:15 PM
Updated by: