cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddbuss
Creator
Creator

nprinting designer field list is empty

I'm creating my first ever NPrinting report.  I followed the tutorial  (here) and got to the design screen for reports.  The editor seems to be working, but the field list is completely empty. 

My connection verified successfully:

Capture.JPG

It looks like my connection wasn't passed along to the nprinting designer:

Capture.JPG

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have tried a few different versions of the nprinting designer, and tried using pixelpoint instead of excel.  Still no luck.

--Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Page, Levels, Image, Tables, etc are all blank because you had not yet added any QlikView or Qlik Sense object in one of them.

Add an object to Page, Levels, Image, Tables, etc and the Connection field will be filled with the name of the source connection.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

did you check the app in qlik ?  is the correct app id you mentioned ?

1.if not- try to check that first.

2. go to task manager and check weather do you have any other designer is running?

3. is the services are running check once?

4. if not  restart the nprinting server once and check.

if not  lech_miszkiewicz‌  can have any suggestion on this

toddbuss
Creator
Creator
Author

#1  The app functions and updates in qlik just fine.  I verified the appid is correct.

#2 My system won't allow a second instance of the designer.  I have to close it out each time i try to design another.

#3 Not sure what services are.  Qlik Sense is running on a server.  I'm running designer on my local machine.

#4 I am not the admin for the nprinting server, but I can ask to have it restarted next week.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Place circled in your picture is not a place where you choose connection from.

Simply right click on

• Page
  • Levels
  • Tables
  • etc...

and add object. When adding it you will be able to choose a connection from list of objects.

thats it!!!

Make sure you run the same version of Designer as you Server and Engine is !!!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi Bala -

how your links suppose to answer this topic question? Could you please explain - I finding hard to find a correlation.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Start by reading the official help site.

You can follow the videos here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/videos or complete the getting started tutorial here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/Introduction/Get-started.htm.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
toddbuss
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks for the tips.

Page, Levels, Image, Tables, etc are all blank because there is no connection within the Nprinting Designer.

I did switch to the same version as the NPrinting server software (17.5) but this didn't remedy the problem.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Page, Levels, Image, Tables, etc are all blank because you had not yet added any QlikView or Qlik Sense object in one of them.

Add an object to Page, Levels, Image, Tables, etc and the Connection field will be filled with the name of the source connection.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
toddbuss
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks.  The objects are there now, and i successfully added a random object from my qlik sense app.

now I have to go back and redesign my app so that each object has a name.