Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dana
Creator II
Creator II

A long run NP Sense model maintainance

Hi People,

I understand that that the recommended way is having a dedicated NP Sense model.
I have a UI model with a lot of master items and objects using them.
Some of the intended reports are based on whole sheets and some on specific objects.
So my first thought was to duplicate this model an use it as the NP model.
In the NP model, I will do some modifications, and publish it as the NP model.
But in the long run, more master items and objects are added to the UI model.
Some of them need to be new reports.
So what do I do now? I can't override the NP model...
Another possibility might be to create the reports in the UI model, and use conditional show for the NP sheets.
But how do I show them for NP?
It means, also, that the NP model would be identical to the UI model, having a lot of objects which might not be relevant to NP.

Would appreciate some guidelines..

Thanks!

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all, add the label with the correct version you are using because the answer could depends on it. If you are using 17.2 plan an urgent upgrade and read carefully the instructions on the help site and release notes before proceeding because it is a very old version and needs some extra steps. 

You could:

- replicate the entity creation on the two Qlik Sense apps. After remember to refresh the connection cache in Qlik NPrinting.

- in a template you can add entities from multiple connections; you can combine data from different Qlik Sense apps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
dana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

The version is: May 2022.

I didn't  understand what you wrote here: 

replicate the entity creation on the two Qlik Sense apps.

Thanks!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you have two Qlik Sense apps, one for reporting and one for users, and you want to have the same chart in both you have to manually create it in both. 

You can be fast by creating two connections in Qlik NPrinting, one for each app, and mix objects from both in the same report template but I strongly suggest to keep the two apps approach with one focused only on reporting. This will allow you to optimize the one for reporting. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
dana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I will share with you my issue:

In the user app, I have created new sheets which are based on tens  of master measures.

I have an existing NP app, which does not have these master items  or sheets (yet).

According to your suggestion, I would need to recreate all these master items in the NP model.

This is not realistic...

That's why I was inquiring for a "long term" maintenance of NP solution.. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can :

1. create the same objects in both apps. It requires time but you keep the best practice of an app optimized for reporting. I suggest to invest on this but it is your choice.
  2. connect both apps to Qlik NPrinting and mix objects from both in the templates. This saves time but could make confusion because at a certain point.
  3. use the UI app also for reporting and accept to miss some optimizations (for example reducing the data to speed up filters application).

Be sure to use only supported objects https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

I don't know your scenario so I don't know if you can clone the UI app to the reporting one after every update.

Qlik NPrinting doesn't have a toll to clone objects from a Qlik Sense app to another. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
dana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

As I wrote, working with 2 separate models is what I do.

But once you need to define a large number of master items, you run into a real problem.

So I think this is a big limitation of Sense - that you cannot (at least) copy/paste master items between models,

Or be able to maintain the reports in the same model without a penalty of bad performance..

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About cloning Qlik Sense objects from an app to another it is better to check in Qlik Sense community to verify what is possible to do.

Using for reporting the same app you use for interactive use is supported, you can do that also if we suggest to use one focused for reporting. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero