Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

Can I create dynamic custom text based on a value?

I am working in NPrinting 16.9.0.0 and I would like to create dynamic custom text for the File Name and I would like to know if I can write an expression in the Custom text to be dynamic based on a specific value.  Is this possible?  For example, with the current layout, the File Name would be: RSS_North_Zone.pptx.  However, if the value for the Zone variable is 'South', then I would want the File Name to be RSS_South.pptx without adding Zone at the end.

Custom Text.PNG

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, 

I am not sure why you are complicating this...

Just use a variable instead of custom text

1.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried doing that, but the issue is that I am cycling through a field and it forces you to keep the cycle field in the field name and I can't think of a way to create the File Name I want with that cycle value.  The field is Zone that I am using for the Cycle, sorry I forgot to state that in my original post.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well,

You are cycling through field called Zone.. You can always create field/dimension based on ZONE dimension which will have the values you need to have in your file name. Lets assume following. 

Zone, NewField

S,       Southern Zone

N,       Northern Zone

W,       Western Zone

E,        Eastern Zone

So once you create new field in your model, you  can refresh connection metadata and use "NewField" in your cycle instead Zone field to reflect new custom names.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.