Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Can we use June 2019 Old version of NPrinting with latest May 2021 SR4 Qlik Sense version?

Hi team,

We had June 2019 SR5 Qlik Sense and June 2019 SR2 NPrinting and our NPrinting reports, templates and tasks were running fine. We upgraded Qlik Sense to May 2021 SR4 and NPrinting May 2021 SR1, which caused our tasks stuck for more than 24 hours or I can say our NPrinting templates and reports are not working anymore.

We kept Qlik Sense with May 2021 SR4 and downgraded NPrinting SR1 to June 2019 and retested NPrinting templates and reports and this time all concern NPrinting tasks are running fine.

So  can we use June 2019 Old version of NPrinting with latest May 2021 SR4 Qlik Sense version? I know this is an illogical question but just want to understand is it possible technically  

Thanks,

Rohit

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rohit, 

as discussed this is quite tricky. In theory such configuration is not supported so you are running it at your own risk. We discussed this in details so I guess there is no point writing it all over again. I will just bullet point main things later below.

The fact that I am succesfully running Qlik Sense with May 2021 SR4 and NPrinitng May 2021 SR1 makes me think that there may be something in your configuration that is preventing it from running properly. 

Checkpoints:

• validate ALL required configuration points for May 2021 releases
  • make sure all servers meet requirements:
    • software .net, versions for NPrinting designer when editing templates!!!
    • hardware
    • account configurations
    • security/antivirus/firewall/certificates etc
  • fact that configuration worked before does not prove that it was supported. It could be that your older configuration with June 2019 was also unsupported for some reasons, but issues never occured.
  • templates:
    • try to create ones from scratch if possible using all May 2021 components
    • for PDF printed reports make sure you setup/reset print area in excel template
    • check if reports can be produced as XLSX?
    • PDF from excel is actually a print of excel to PDF so ensure that suitable services are running (I am not sure about print spooler service - I have seen posts that it may be required)?? Can this be a case?

Also check all the points I mentioned here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-reports-generating-slower-after-2...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Forgot to add:

• I would troubleshoot more buy changing logs to DEBUG mode in NPrinting and run the task which has issues. I would try to see at which stage of report production it hangs.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Print spooler is running fine on the environment where we are facing this problem. Print spooler is stopped on our production but everything is fine with June 2019 version.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The print spooler is used only to produce QlikEntity reports in PDF format. If you are not generating that kind of reports you can stop the spooler service. To create all other types of reports the sprint spooler is not necessary.

Best Regards,

ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.