Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradopam
Contributor II
Contributor II

Changes in App won't refresh in NPrinting Designer

Hi,

After changing my Sense App, I can't see the changes in NPrintig! (Yes, I reload the connections metadata)

I do the following:

- Do some simple changes like adding a table to Qlik Sense Application

- In NPrinting, I go to Connections and execute "Reload metadata" for the corresponding connection.

That results in "Connection Status - OK" and "Cache status - Generated", so everything looks fine.

- Then I go to the Report and select "Edit Template". The Designer (Template editor) opens.

Now I try to use my changes, but they don't appear. I try to add the new table (table -> add objects), but can't find it. Even the little green reload button next to the Connection name in the upper right corner has no effect.

- I delete all objects created for the Nprinting report and created again, but it not work either.

- Also, I restart the NPrinting Engine Service (in Windows Services) and doesn't work.

- Even I delete the app and republish again… and tried any combination of previous steps.

Any suggestions?

Does anybody saw before this behavior?

Qlik NPrinting September 2018 SR2

Version: 18.29.9.0

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

any suggestions?

yes - few

1. you could have refreshed your metadata too early and change was not picked up at that stage.. I usually give it 1-2 minutes to make sure everything is saved
  2. you are simply not connecting to the same document (making changes in 1 and having NPrinting connected to another one)
  3. the new object is an extension which may not be supported by Qlik
  4. last one - you may consider an upgrade -although it should not matter at this stage

thats it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.