Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

Changing Qlik Sense Server that NPrinting Connects to

Hi All,

I want to change the Qlik Sense Server that my NPrinting Server connects to (i.e. currently my NPrinting Installation connects to my Qlik Sense Dev Server and I want it to now connect to my Qlik Sense Prod Server).  I have read the NPrinting help on connecting to a Qlik Sense site https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-Sense.htm but was wondering if there is any differences involved when changing which site NPrinting is connected to.

For example, do I have to delete the Qlik Sense certificates from the old connection on the NPrinting server or can I just install the new certificates.

Thanks!
Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to install the certificates of the new Qlik Sense Server. The installation process of the new certificates will delete the old ones so you don't need to delete them manually.

Due to this certificate deletion it is not possible to connect to two or more different Qlik Sense Servers.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to install the certificates of the new Qlik Sense Server. The installation process of the new certificates will delete the old ones so you don't need to delete them manually.

Due to this certificate deletion it is not possible to connect to two or more different Qlik Sense Servers.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Will installing the new certificates automatically change the central node address in the hub destination or does that need to be done manually?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

No, new certificates installation only delete old certificates. You have to manually do all the rest of the work. For exaple change the connections parameters.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
smadathil
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

Changing certificates in NPrinting from that of DEV to PROD qliksense server will cause losing of all current reports made with DEV app?.

I have same app ID in both PROD and DEV. Wont this help in keeping reports as it is even if I change connection from DEV to PROD server?

Thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @smadathil 

It appears based on your brief description that you may have a different question which was posed in this original thread.

Please start a new discussion with the following information.

What is your specific requirement in greater detail:

What are your expected results?

What version of NPrinting and Qlik Sense are you currently using and planning to use.

Currently it is very difficult to understand what your question and objective is.

Start a new discussion with the information above so that we can be better equipped to assist you.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!