Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Charts are randomly blank in Nprinting May 2023

Dear Qlik Support Team,

After upgrading to the last version of Qlikview and Nprinting (May 2023), we noticed that charts set to be displayed as images in Excel reports are randomly blank.

See screenshots below: same report template with different renders.

In the Designer, images appear correctly in preview mode.

What we tried so far with no success : open/save the report and update the metadata

Any idea what happens ?

Regards,

Cédric.

Labels (1)
37 Replies
cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  I confirm that both QV and NP are the latest versions (May 23).

@Ruggero_Piccoli NP is connecting only to QV.

Yes, we use filters, and yes blank images with the same filters.

Running the same task multiple times leads to different outputs. For example: a report that contains 11 charts displayed as images, runs each morning and shows up 4 to 5 blank images since the upgrade.

When I export as png file a chart from the app, the size is only 1ko if the object is minimized (normal behaviour ?) whereas the image is correct if the object is opened on the sheet. (see attached screenshots)

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @cedric_loch 

• have you upgraded qlikview desktop on Nprinting engine machine as it is required?
  • have you run connection verification? Is result all green?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Yes, upgrade on the NP serveur with last version of Qlikview
All connection checks are green, for example:

cedric_loch_0-1686153883233.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for confirming the versions of the software. I did some tests in my installation and I'm unable to reproduce. If you opened a ticket with your QVW and template maybe we will be able to reproduce.

The main cause of unstable behaviors is the presence of unsupported stuff like triggers or macros in the QVW. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

We have been running lots of tests: report creation, object cloning, removing/adding object in designer, ..., but each time we found blank images in one or more reports.

We finally found a clue: we copied the application on the NP Server in order to run the task based on a local connection. In that case, the reports were correctly generated.

On Monday we will test  with an other application to be sure.

I let you know the results.

Best Regards,

Cédric.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @cedric_loch,

So, as per your test when connecting to the server itself via a qvp connection it triggered the issue and connecting to a local document then it works fine.

Is this accurate?

As mentioned, please provide our Support team with the details @Ruggero_Piccoli has mentioned.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Albert_Candelario ,

Yes, it is accurate.

The ticket n° 00088111 has been opened last week thanks to our Qlik partner and we just shared documents with the Qlik Tech Support.

Best regards,

Cédric.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

We had the same issue after upgrading to QlikView May 2023 & NPrinting May 2023 SR1.

Issue is related to a miscommuniction between NPrinting Server and QlikView Server.

Support raised a Bug: JIRA: OP-95911

SaravanaPrabhuAshokan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @cedric_loch  , Whether the issue got fixed? we have the same issue as described after the upgrade

cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @SaravanaPrabhuAshokan ,

as far as I know, the issue has not been fixed yet.

I heard from the Qlik Support that removing all unsupported items from the Qlikview app and mismatching filters (see the link from @Ray_Strother) solved the problem for some customers.

Regards,

Cédric.