Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hudhud_hoda
Contributor III
Contributor III

Configuring Conditional Trigger for NPrinting PublishTasks Based on Metadata Connection Reload Status

Hello,

At the moment I have two triggers, one for the connection: so that the metadata connection reload takes place early in the morning and another trigger on the publish task so that the report is published in the afternoon.

but what I'm looking for is if there are any possibilities to configure a trigger condition in Nprinting to ensure that the publish task is only executed when this metadata connection is successfully reloaded,

Thank you very much for your help

Labels (2)
6 Replies
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

I think your best bet is creating a chain reload in QlikSense with the NPrinting API. 

Explenation in: https://nprintingadventures.com/

Frank_S
Support
Support

@hudhud_hoda 

Agree with @JHuis 

APIs are the way to go. There is no built in feature in NPrinting that enables event based triggers.

I am including the necessary steps first create GET and POST connections. Note that these MUST work with "test succeeded" messages before attempting to use the APIs.

How to create NPrinting GET and POST REST connections

As well as two apps containing the necessary code.

The Apps contain instructions but I suggest you build out the API calls in your own app as the shared apps are just one way to do it. So you may use them as a guide.

You will find the full list of public APIs available here:
NPrinting API Library

When you have the apps working as expected, then you can utilize the QMC (Qlik Sense or Qlikview) to leverage event based activities.

Create Qlik Sense Tasks

Again, these above are recommendations only. Others here may have different approaches.

If you need extended support to develop your requirement further outside the Qlik Community, you may wish to contact one of our trusted Qlik Partners or request a Qlik Professional Services engagement through your Qlik Account Manager.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @hudhud_hoda 

Agree with @JHuis - using API is perfect for that. In the link https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/ there are subroutines ready to use (feel free to modify what you need to your liking) which will do the job for you. If you read and follow all links step by step you should be able easily to set this all up without issues.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JHuis., just want to come back to our post - You have mentioned that you are using Qlik sense with NPrinting so the question I have is why do you need to reload metadata daily? That should not be required!

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

@Lech_Miszkiewicz, Correct i am using QS with NPrinting. Sure i dont need to reload the metadata daily and i dont do that.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

sorry - that was question to @hudhud_hoda actually...