cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II

Connect to Qlik Nprinting repository with QlikView

Hi, I'm trying to find a step by step guide on how to connect to nprinting repository and fetching data into QlikView  (do not want a guide on Qlik Sense).

I have looked at https://support.qlik.com/articles/000026032 however i can't find pgAdmin3.exe (do i need to download it from somewhere?)

A step by step guide using QlikView would be great.

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for your explanation. I have now successfully connected to the Nprinting repository via ODBC and i can use it in QlikView.

I have seen in the community that you try to work on  a Qlik application that joins all the tables together however because  the complexity of the data you stopped, this was from 2018 (i think). Do you have an update on this? or can point me to the right direction?

I can try to join and build this application by myself however if there is already a information shared about this public then it would be great.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have given up this project due to lack of time and constant development of NPrinting which requires changes to Repository DB structure, hence it would require me to keep updating my app.

My goal was to actually allow to filter which QlikView/Qlik Sense objects were used in reports so I could easily manage them in Qlik apps. This would require me to extract JSON arrays recorded in postgres which due to many levels of nested arrays made the whole thing hard. 

If you dont need this level of detail then the actual repository db is very straight forward. Depending what information you need from it, the level of integration between reports, task, users etc...  you should be able easily build a working model. Few days ago there was a question regarding which users are recieving which reports. I put up some load script quickly which you can see here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Overview-Users-per-task-in-NPrinting/td-p/1...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
userid128223
Creator
Creator

i understand the risk of connecting to live repository. however is it ok to take a backup of repository and connect to backup version without doing any damage?

NPrinting 16  had schedule view of upcoming task. NPrinting 17-19 don't have anything such ?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

No, Qlik NPrinting has not a monitor of next schedules that will be do. We are aware that it is a requested feature.

You can read the data in the Repository but its structure is not documented so you have to search what you need by yourself.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.