Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcello
Partner - Contributor III

Designer error 'Qlik NPrinting designer can't find a supported reporting template'

Hi everbody,

After reading all posts about the specified subject :

1. I have Checked Nprinting service, designer and engine versione (May 2022 )
  2. I have Checked all compatibility options 
  3. I have checked Operating System Advanced Scaling/r=Resolution all setted to 100% on all screen
  4. I have reinstalled MS Office and Nprinting Designer

But i always get the same error

Here are detailed workstation info:

OS Windows 10 Pro Ver  21H2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.30 GHz

16,0 GB  RAM 

315 GB available on drive C

I think i need to open a support case is this the right channel to do so ?

Thanks in advance

Marcello Savino

Aldebra S.p.A.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you done steps from this top article in qlik community? This was discussed so ma y times that the subject is pinned right at the top of all posts on nprinting community

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-can-t-find-a-suppor...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

To open a support case https://community.qlik.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/@support

What version of Microsoft Office are you using? Compatible ones are listed in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Navigate to the Qlik NPrinting Designer installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Designer, do a right click on NPrintingDesigner.exe, select Properties and in the Compatibility tab check the box Run as Administrator.

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1663079267732.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
marcello
Author

Hi Ruggero,

The Microsoft Office Version is a 365 desktop.

we tried the suggested solution, but we got the same error again.

With kind regards,

Marcello

Frank_S
Support
Support

It is possible that you may need to perform the extreme step of deleting the user profile on the affected computer as per the article below (final point).

However, before doing this, you an try logging on to the same computer as a different user and trying again. If it works as a different user on the same computer then this indicates that you may have a defective user profile.

Use this solution with great care and backup all desktop files and related information such as browser bookmarks etc. before proceeding. 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
David_Friend
Support
Support

@marcello do just like Frank has suggested, when you have another user login to that PC be sure they are a developer in Nprinting as well 🙂