Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rasmusnielsen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Different filters on users for different reports

Hi all,

In our setup, we are generating a monthly report which are send out to a number of users. For each user, we have applied a filter on the user, so that the user only receives data relevant to him. So, for this case we have added a specified filter to each user object in NPrinting.

However, the same set of users have access to On Demand reporting in a Qlik Sense app. When they generate a report in the Qlik sense app, then the same filter (as mentioned above) is applied to the generated report.

I have read this post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Multiple-Filters-on-a-user/td-p/1664964

Is is not possible to have different user filters depending on the reporting use case (on demand vs scheduled publish tasks)?

Best Regards

Rasmus

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rafalcqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Maybe you can achieve what you need by creating second Nprinting app? One would be for On demand reporting and second would be for that monthly report. Filters are assigned to specific app so I think it might work and should be easier to maintain than having separate task for each user.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rasmusnielsen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I guess one solution could be to have a publish task for each user for the monthly report, where the filter is on the task and not on the user. But is that really the only solution?

rafalcqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Maybe you can achieve what you need by creating second Nprinting app? One would be for On demand reporting and second would be for that monthly report. Filters are assigned to specific app so I think it might work and should be easier to maintain than having separate task for each user.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @rasmusnielsen 

The solution to go for is as per @rafalcqlik  recommendation. That is also best practice in this case.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rasmusnielsen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

I just had a chance to test that solution out and it works perfectly. Thanks!