Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k_holt69
Contributor III
Contributor III

ERROR: Unsupport file format

Hi all

We are getting "ERROR: Unsupport file format" messages on a couple of NPrinting tasks that we want to publish excel files to a folder destination. This appears to be linked to the size of data, NOT the amount of rows though, as one export is 600k rows. In this instance we resolved it by exporting to csv however the second task has to be an xlsm format.

Again this is resolved if we reduce the data in QS table to 100k rows or we Enable Cycle based on a row count of increments of 100k and export several files that we then need to merge back in excel itself. We typically see row counts over 700k in the Qlik Sense table so excel itself should be able to handle it so I'm guessing that it may be NPrint not being able to handle data that's "too heavy".

Although we have work arounds, we still need to find what causes the error message for future projects/tasks.I've searched Google and the forums but the only reference I can find is in relation to Qlik Sense corrupted QVDs.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think you are experiencing the 512 MB report size limit listed in the release notes https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-NPrinting-Release-notes-February-2024-Initial-Relea.... The CSV is smaller than the .xlsx with the same data and this could be the reason why the CSV solves. Without the detailed logs or the possibility to reproduce your issue I can't be more detailed. 

Note that the CSV has the same 1M rows number limitation as .xlsx so splitting the output files using cycles could be the right solution. 

If you open a support ticket with everything we need to reproduce the issue (.qvf, template and log files) we can investigate but, if it is the 512Mb limitation, we will not be able to remove it. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

NPrinting has a max report size of 500MB in recent versions.  Your error might be a qlikview or qlik sense problem. Do you see any errors in the logs?  Also, if you open a session to the qlikview / qlik sense app in the browser and attempt to right click and download the same 600K result.... what happens? Error?

k_holt69
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jonny - thx for getting back so soon

When I try to extract the data from Qlik Sense, it works fine. File size is only 25mb with 440k rows of data

The other file has 300 k rows and is 21mb in size. Both generate no errors when downloading direct from Qlik Sense but the errors we get in NPrint are

"Failed generation of report ?????? for user ?????????. ERROR: System.Exception: Exception during content resolution while processing request with id ?????????. Check Engine logs for details. ERROR: Unsupport file format."

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

I'm unfamiliar with this error.  Can you share the logs? engine, scheduler, webengine, manager etc...

David_Friend
Support
Support

xls or xlsx?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Agree with @David_Friend 

xls will have row limit 65,536 nad xlsm will have 1,048,576 row limit. 

Obviously creating xlsm output for it to work properly starts with creation of your xlsm with macro directly in excel and using the file as a template. Was yor original xlsm file allowing 1,048,576 rows?

Then there is a question of the template:

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
k_holt69
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All

Thanks for the responses however I'm pretty sure its not directly related to excel (xlsx/m). One app only has 600k rows of data therefore well within the max number of rows and exports fine from Qlik Sense. Changing the extract in NPrint from xlsx to csv appears to have resolved this case.

A test app of 1M rows of data exports ok from Qlik Sense to xlsx but fails in NPrint with the error mentioned previously. The work around to this was to create a field "File_No" in our QS app, where row numbers 1 to 299,999 =1, row numbers 300k to 599,999 =2 and so on. Then enable cycle for the NPrint Report based on "File_No". This works and generates several files ok but not ideal as we need 1 file to be created.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think you are experiencing the 512 MB report size limit listed in the release notes https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-NPrinting-Release-notes-February-2024-Initial-Relea.... The CSV is smaller than the .xlsx with the same data and this could be the reason why the CSV solves. Without the detailed logs or the possibility to reproduce your issue I can't be more detailed. 

Note that the CSV has the same 1M rows number limitation as .xlsx so splitting the output files using cycles could be the right solution. 

If you open a support ticket with everything we need to reproduce the issue (.qvf, template and log files) we can investigate but, if it is the 512Mb limitation, we will not be able to remove it. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
k_holt69
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thx Ruggero

A ticket has been opened and the log files uploaded to the folder location supplied in the response