Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Email

Hi,

is there any way to say to NP that DO THIS TASK UNTIL SEND THE EMAIL, when the email was send, stop the TASK.

I want NP to send the email when the app is reload, the email needs to be send just one time a day!

Is there anyway to do this loop.

thanks,

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Jimi 

It is not really clear what you are trying to do and what your goal is purely from the description you have provided so far. I think we need more clear indication on what you are trying to do. Meanwhile if you are trying to say that first you want to ensure that Qlik Sense app needs to finish reloading and only then you want to generate NPrinitng report (and send it via email or whatever other distribution option you want to use) then yes - this is possible and commonly used with the use of API and Qlik load script where you can setup task chaining in your QMC as well as incorporate logic in your Qlik script to only run report once per day.

I have written some time ago quite wide range of subroutines to support just that task: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

Follow the link and all other links within that blog post to get more understanding how to set it up.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Jimi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Thanks for your reply!

I have a report in NP that I need to send it via email, I need the email to be sent only after the app is reload. In trigger section we can set the time where the email is sent but this doesn't help in my situation because I don't know where the app finish reload!

what i am looking for is something like Loop, so it continue checking the app to finish the loads and when it does it sent the email automatically.

thanks..

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Give a check at the following conversations:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/How-to-Trigger-NPrinting-Task-from-Qlik-Sense-App-or-Ta...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/How-to-manage-your-NPrinting-task-execution-from-Ql...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/How-to-use-Qlik-NPrinting-APIs-inside-a-Qlik-Sense-load...

Please next time give at the conversation a subject that summarize the request so other readers could benefit of the solution.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So yeah - all easy and possible but it requires API setup and my and @Ruggero_Piccoli links provide practically all required steps. 

The concept is basically to trigger tasks from Qlik Sense qmc (instead of using a trigger in NPrinitng). That way you have a lot more control over the whole process and also by using Qlik load script you can control if that reload was already run on the day. 

Let us know if you are happy with such setup.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
RosemaryPotter
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the links, I will check them.