Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tejas_26
Contributor
Contributor

Error No connection with nprinting server please check your network settings or contact the administrator. after clicked on On demand button .

Qlik View Version: 12.70.20000.0

Qlik Nprinting Version: Qlik NPrinting May 2022 Version: 22.15.2.0

We recently installed this in new environment (on Qlik View Web server). We were using ondemand in the old environment but we never faced this issue.

Description: I have installed OnDemand in new cloud environment. When I open an Qlik view app to generate on demand report I am getting below error

"No connection with nprinting server please check your network settings or contact the administrator."

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Tejas_26 

Please check this article as you may be encountering a known issue that has a resolution.

The resolution will likely mean you need to perform another NPrinting upgrade to May 2022 SR 4.

Resolved - NPrinting On Demand Upgrade to May 2022... - Qlik Community - 2005940

The article applies to newly installed versions of NPrinting that do not contain the fix.

Kind regards....

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@Tejas_26  Good morning. Your issue may be caused  by one of the following:

1. The QlikView server was not added as a Trusted Origin

2. Ensure that the fully qualified path (and any FQDN alias addresses) for the QlikView Access Point is added as a trusted origin in the On Demand settings on the NPrinting server.

• End users must then use the fully qualified path to the QlikView server, in this case, to use On Demand without error. All QV accesspoint origin server addresses must be added to the On Demand 'trusted origins' page in the NP web console.

3. QlikView IIS Access point Only: If On Demand breaks after an IIS upgrade from IIS 6.5 to IIS 7.0, check in your browser developer tools (F12 in IE or End and developer tools in Chrome) for a network HAR trace message "406 - Not Accepted" message

See this KB article for potential solutions.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Tejas_26
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Lucas,
              I have already added the Qlik view server as trusted origin in Nprinting web console. Just to clear  Qlik view access point and the on demand is installed on the one server and the QMC is on another server.so i have installed the On demand on the Qlik view web server.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Tejas_26 

Please check this article as you may be encountering a known issue that has a resolution.

The resolution will likely mean you need to perform another NPrinting upgrade to May 2022 SR 4.

Resolved - NPrinting On Demand Upgrade to May 2022... - Qlik Community - 2005940

The article applies to newly installed versions of NPrinting that do not contain the fix.

Kind regards....

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!