cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UHMatrix
Contributor
Contributor

Error during report generation

Sometimes (inconsistent) I get a warning about an exception during content resolution while processing request with id ......... Check engine logs for details. Error: Access to path ........... is denied. 

This is followed by another message: 

Failed generation of report .......... for user .............. ERROR: Exception during content resolution while processing request with id ...................... Check Engine logs for details. ERROR: Access to the path .............................. is denied.

What can I do to make this task reliable and generate the reports more consistently?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@UHMatrix 

"Check engine logs for details. Error: Access to path ........... is denied"

Is generally the result of the NP service account that runs the scheduler service does not have access to a network path for your report destination.

This applies to all versions of NPrinting.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Requirements

• Your Qlik NPrinting user account which runs the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service must have full NTFS file and folder network access in order to share network folder resources.
  • The Qlik NPrinting user must have the Developer or Administrator security role to create destination folders.

Warning note

• Mapped network drives, like Z:\NPrintingServer\QlikViewDocuments, are not supported by Qlik NPrinting. You must use Universal Naming Convention (UNC) paths, such as \\ServerName\NPrintingServer\QlikViewDocuments.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you need to ensure that access to "that path" is not denied... 

Now, you have removed the context of this log which would probably tell us more. I am assuming though that you are using QlikView and you are generating report based on QlikView app and is some instances access to that app is not possible due to your network setup, or maybe unsupported configuration or maybe something else. 

There is not enough detail in here to give you clear answer so I would start by describing us with full picture/scenario of your setup.. Then-as it say on the message- we would need to investigate Engine log - what do you see in it?

Lastly - your NPrinting version is no longer supported, first you will need to upgrade to supported version of your environment (NPrinting and/or QlikView/Qlik Sense depending on their versions so they can work together properly) 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all June 2020 is no more supported. Please plan an upgrade to a supported version as soon as possible.

Be sure that the Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting services has the rights to write in the folder. It must be a local administrator so check also if it is still part or the related group. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
UHMatrix
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for the reply. 

I am using Qlik Sense February 2021 and NPrinting June 2020.

The only think removed from the errors in the log are the report id, user id and the directory location in which it is saved (temp files) of the file.

I think that the most important detail is that this task contains 4 separate xlsx file reports. 50% of the occasions it generates perfectly and the other 50% it contains only 1-3 reports while failing to generate all 4 reports.

I hope this information is sufficient.

UHMatrix
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Ruggero and thank you for your answer.

I do not ubderstand how an issue that occurs half of the time can be related to rights to write. If that was the problem I would anticipate an error 100% of the times and not just 50%.

I will upgrade the version in the next few days.

Best,

UH

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So first thing first

your Qlik Sense version is not supported by your NPrinting version (link for your version of NPrinting below):

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-require...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1679385862898.png

You must get yourself on supported configuration for any further troubleshooting to make any sense.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Regarding intermittent issue: if there are issues with network and domain policies that can cause intermittent problems. Did you get your network admins involved in this so they can verify on their end?

2. Do you have any antivirus - if you do-did you whitelist all required locations?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

one more comment - do you have enough hard drive space on your NPrinting C drive?

Frank_S
Support
Support

@UHMatrix 

"Check engine logs for details. Error: Access to path ........... is denied"

Is generally the result of the NP service account that runs the scheduler service does not have access to a network path for your report destination.

This applies to all versions of NPrinting.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Requirements

• Your Qlik NPrinting user account which runs the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service must have full NTFS file and folder network access in order to share network folder resources.
  • The Qlik NPrinting user must have the Developer or Administrator security role to create destination folders.

Warning note

• Mapped network drives, like Z:\NPrintingServer\QlikViewDocuments, are not supported by Qlik NPrinting. You must use Universal Naming Convention (UNC) paths, such as \\ServerName\NPrintingServer\QlikViewDocuments.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!