Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valentin_patrascu
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Error on generating reports after upgrade to NPrinting May 2023 SR3

Hello, everyone!

We are trying to update a customer's Qlik Environment in order to fix Qlik Sense security issues reported here. After studying available documentation we've decided on the following path:
Qlik NPrinting May 2022 SR1 to be upgraded to Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR3
Qlik Sense Enterprise February 2022 patch 2 to be upgraded to Qlik Sense Enterprise May 2023 patch 16
QlikView Server May 2022 SR1 will not be upgraded in this round of activity.

The environment has has the vast majority of NPrinting reports generated from QlikView apps.

After upgrading the NPrinting environment like stated above we have encountered some errors on generating some excel reports from QlikView apps.

Example: a NP task generates 2 reports: one for MTD performance and one for Yesterday performance. It is able to generate the MTD performance report but fails to generate the Yesterday performace report.

This is the error provided in the logs of both the task and the NP engine.

Failed generation of report 8e0a3535-a893-4df3-aeae-e8c433acdc38 for user d2c5736a-cf57-4f11-8d63-d0f4ae620477. ERROR: The requested service 'xls (Qlik.Reporting.Producer.IProducer)' has not been registered. To avoid this exception, either register a component to provide the service, check for service registration using IsRegistered(), or use the ResolveOptional() method to resolve an optional dependency.

Has anyone encountered such an error before? On a quick google search we could not find anything related to such an error.

Upon encountering the same issue on another report we decided to revert the NPrinting server to a VM snapshot made before the upgrade. Right now we are trying to reproduce the issue on a test environment to decide how to proceed further.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check the output format of the reports that show the issue. In case try to set it to XLSX.

I never saw this error before but it seems to me an installation issue. You could evaluate to backup the installation (manually save the Qlik Sense certificates to avoid the need of re-exporting them), install again and restore. You could also test this on another server.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
valentin_patrascu
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for the answer, @Ruggero_Piccoli!

The output format of both reports was set to XLSX when we received the error for the second report. We've explored changing format but that seemed to have no effect.

I'm trying to reproduce the issue on a test server so I can better troubleshot it. If I can't reproduce the error, it could very likely be an installation issue like you've said.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Evaluate also to upgrade to latest May 2023 SR5.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
valentin_patrascu
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thank you again, @Ruggero_Piccoli  for your suggestions! 

I was able to setup 2 test environments, one on the customer's infrastructure and one in my company's infrastructure. I was able to reproduce the issue on both environments.

I've tried both your suggestions: upgrade to NP May 2023 SR5 and restore installation on a fresh May 2023 SR3 install. The issue has persisted on both attempts.

I now believe that this is not an install issue rather something related to how some specific reports are handled in upgrade process.

I think I will open a support request with this issue and in the mean time try to figure out what is causing the error within the report.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, open a support ticket and include everything will allow us to reproduce the issue and a link to this conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero