cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III

Execution startup failed: Identity Parameter name: Missing parameter - Error

Hi guys... i have an error with NPrinting Job. This used to work with no issues but, suddenly it showing the "Execution startup failed: Identity Parameter name: Missing parameter" error message.

We have some others jobs working with no issues,that sends reports even to same users that the job with error... so,i cant find why is i'm getting this error.

Regards!

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech... in my office, only i have access to modify Qlik reports and NPrinting tasks, but, in honor of the truth, the design for the Apps and Connections is one of out issues... This is because i simple followed the steps that i received in order to create my reports. I mean, when I was incorporated into the world of Qlik, my instructor created all our reports on the only 1 existing app, and didn't tell me anything about the risks or things to consider when doing this.

So, i believe that my next steps is to reorder all my scnearios... 😞

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Gabo77 - well - this is tough one as I assume you are not experienced Qlik Sense/NPrinting developer and you are learning those things on "life" environment. If that is the case - I dont blame you and I can only suggest few small tips":

1. looking at all your reports check if all your reports use the same connection to Qlik app. You can use many connections to the same Qlik app to maintain what is filtered in each of  them.
    1. you dont need to use section access for Nprinting reports - you can replace section access with user filters and to be honest that would resolve issue with your missing domain account. You would however need to have one admin user in your section access with access to all data and that user would need to be used as identity on NPrinting connection
    2. when developping I usually work of the copy of the Qlik app (if you dont have dedicated Qlik DEV server) and in NPrinting i also create separate connection to such app so I can develop independantly from PROD solution (without DEV environments). Once you confirm that everything works you could just export/import-replace report in NPrinitng console. 
    3. Note that you can export reports in NPrinting console for backup purposes (it is good practice to do that before making any changes to template)
    4. I also do daily snapshots of NPrinting repository so there is always an option to roll everything back - details how to do that are on help site
  2. If you have many reports which have to have different user filters it is good practice to split connections (create separate NPrinting connections for them)
  3. Even though there is section access in Qlik app you dont need to use in NPrinting. You can replicate its behaviour by applying user filters. It is actually more efficient way from report generation speed perspective.

Anyway - you probably do most of this anyway, but I just thought I would put it here in case someone tries to figure out what to do in similar situation.

good luck.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.