cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III

Execution startup failed: Identity Parameter name: Missing parameter - Error

Hi guys... i have an error with NPrinting Job. This used to work with no issues but, suddenly it showing the "Execution startup failed: Identity Parameter name: Missing parameter" error message.

We have some others jobs working with no issues,that sends reports even to same users that the job with error... so,i cant find why is i'm getting this error.

Regards!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi all... finally found the reason for the issue.

For another report (only related to this report by the application) we need to implement "Section Access" process in order to filter data for some users, so we need to set the domain for these users. These users are selected for the report with error, in addition to others who do not have the domain configured... So, for some reason, qlik does not support to merge users with and with not domain setted on its parameters. Even when we have some other reports with this kind of merge, only this report causes error... By the way, the report with error, doesnt implement "Section Access" methods.

Thanks for all.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, thanks for sharing details of your scenario. You have touched very important thing which is realising that any change to source application can affect other reports. I always say that most of NPrinting development is based on properly planned and executed Qlik app development. It looks like maintanance of the app is also same important.

Section access requires domain account properly configured, as that is the only way NPrinitng can apply section access, right? So there is no surprise there that if you have section access you must provide users with domain account to be used for that section access process. If you are using the same set of users for other reports without section access then obviously domain account parameter does not have to be checked as it is not required when creating NPrinting report.

I guess the usual take away from here is answering the question: "What has changed recently which could cause this issue?". You would be able to troubleshoot it straight away once you would ask yourself that very question, right? (unless you were unaware about addition of section access)

anyway - I am glad you got this one solved.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Gabo77 

1. There are no "Jobs" in NPrinting May 2021 - are you refering to task?
    1. Is that what you see in Task Execution Log?
    2. What do you see in Engine log (use https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm to study where logs are)
  2. Have you regenerated metadata sucessfully for the connection(s) used in this report?
  3. Are you able to sucesfully run "Preview" of the report in NPrinting designer?
  4. Have you got all entities in your report?
  5. What has changed?
    1. Did you upgrade Qlik Sense/QlikView?
    2. Are you running supported configuration as documented on https://help.qlik.com ?
      1. this is always major issue which is often neglected - people setup unsupported configurations and when sudenly it stops working they are surprised. Help site provides detailed and long instructions on what is and what isn't supported
      2. the above comment relates also to the way your  Qlik app is build and how objects used in your report are built

From your description it is not clear what could cause such error. We dont know anything about your setup, report template, filters/conditions used so we can only give you high level information what to check and I always start from the very basics - is everything built in supported manner. Check that and see how you go.

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Further to Lech's points, it is also possible that your source data has changed.

See articles below how to resolve that problem:

If the object ID has changed in any way, then you may need to replace the object in the NPrinting report with a new NPrinting tag from the updated table object.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech... Thanks for you replay... i attached my responses in red.

1. There are no "Jobs" in NPrinting May 2021 - are you refering to task?  - Yes, NPrinting execution task.
    1. Is that what you see in Task Execution Log? - Yes... only that error message
    2. What do you see in Engine log (use https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm to study where logs are) - I followed the LOG Engine instructions but, i was not able to enable it 😞
  2. Have you regenerated metadata sucessfully for the connection(s) used in this report? - Yes, i recently do it without issues.
  3. Are you able to sucesfully run "Preview" of the report in NPrinting designer? - Yes, it's working fine.
  4. Have you got all entities in your report? - Yes, i generated a TEST Task to check if it works for my user onlye, and it works fine. From here, i assume that theres something with users or groups that are generating the issue.
  5. What has changed? - Before the issue, nothing was changed.
    1. Did you upgrade Qlik Sense/QlikView? - Nop
    2. Are you running supported configuration as documented on https://help.qlik.com ? - The configuration was made 2 year ago, and it was working with no issue, no changes was made before this issue.
      1. this is always major issue which is often neglected - people setup unsupported configurations and when sudenly it stops working they are surprised. Help site provides detailed and long instructions on what is and what isn't supported
      2. the above comment relates also to the way your  Qlik app is build and how objects used in your report are built
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank... i understand but... this can happens even if i'm able to execute "Preview" from "NPrinting Designer"??

Thanks in advance.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Gabo77 

Thanks for your answers.

Have you checked this thread: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Qlik-Nprinting-task-failed-with-error-Fatal-Execution-s... ?

Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech... Thanks for response...

Yes, i had already read it... but i dont know if this is my case. All users are a "real users" not only to deliver the reports... also, all my users in all  my other taks has the "User" role assigned to each; in fact, all my users has the "NewStand User" and "User" roles assigned to each, and all other reports are working fine...

Gabo77_0-1699457178573.png

Regards!

Frank_S
Support
Support

The entity checker only checks that the existing entities match.

It does not check if underlying formulas in a table column have changed/updated.

So you need to update each table individually as described in the links shared previously.

Kind regards,...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi all... finally found the reason for the issue.

For another report (only related to this report by the application) we need to implement "Section Access" process in order to filter data for some users, so we need to set the domain for these users. These users are selected for the report with error, in addition to others who do not have the domain configured... So, for some reason, qlik does not support to merge users with and with not domain setted on its parameters. Even when we have some other reports with this kind of merge, only this report causes error... By the way, the report with error, doesnt implement "Section Access" methods.

Thanks for all.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, thanks for sharing details of your scenario. You have touched very important thing which is realising that any change to source application can affect other reports. I always say that most of NPrinting development is based on properly planned and executed Qlik app development. It looks like maintanance of the app is also same important.

Section access requires domain account properly configured, as that is the only way NPrinitng can apply section access, right? So there is no surprise there that if you have section access you must provide users with domain account to be used for that section access process. If you are using the same set of users for other reports without section access then obviously domain account parameter does not have to be checked as it is not required when creating NPrinting report.

I guess the usual take away from here is answering the question: "What has changed recently which could cause this issue?". You would be able to troubleshoot it straight away once you would ask yourself that very question, right? (unless you were unaware about addition of section access)

anyway - I am glad you got this one solved.

cheers