Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II

Export taking too long

Hi All,

I have a qvw file on Qlikview and I write the excels I produce from this qvw file on nprinting to a file. It takes a very long time to write. My qvw file size is 395 KB. My export excel file size is 187 KB. There are 3 different pages in Excel and there are too many lines. .I have to use Excel in other applications, so I need to proceed this way. What can I do to shorten the time?

krmvacar_0-1716967049136.png

Qlikview version : 2019 april SR3

Nprinting version : 2020 september

Nprinting Server : 16 GB RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5220R CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz (2 processors)

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @krmvacar 

1. Define "too many lines..." you say: "There are 3 different pages in Excel and there are too many lines" . Is it more than 1 million records per page or what? Be precise please
  2. How have you built your template
    1. how many columns does your report have
    2. have you used individual columns or whole object tag when exporting this data
    3. share screenshot of your template and information about the metadata of your data model
  3. Upgrade to currently supported configuration - yours is long out of support and many things were improved since
    1. Are you using QVP connection or Local?
    2. I dont remember exactly but with such old version you may still be affected by this issue: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-diminished-execution-time-with-QVP... 
  4. Having more CPU cores would also help. I would suggest minimum 4 CPUs. You are running bare minimum 2 CPU cores which is way less than my PC has
  5. Are there any other tasks running at that time?
  6. Are all objects minimized in your app so it does not waste time recalculating when applying filters/pages/levels?

There may be more to check - but lets start with the above.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes more than 1 million records per page. One sheet 23 columns 1035725 records. other sheet very small.

ı use object tag exporting data.

When this task runs, there is no other task running.

Report no filter,no pages, no levels. simple table.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @krmvacar 

1. you say -"ı use object tag exporting data." - with NPrinting everything is exported by tags. So are those tags for individual columns or whole table object?
  2. minimize your QlikView object which produces this table
  3. apply the fix I have sent you in link

let us know how you go

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

1- simple select connection and add table and drag drop.

krmvacar_0-1716979603285.png

2- The qlikview object is already minimized.

3-I followed the steps in the link. It is not selected anyway.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - thats fine,

Now things I have forgotten to mention before:

So, I am assuming you are using QVP connection for this report. What are the resource usage of your servers (when generating this report):

• QlikView
    • Ram?
    • CPU?
  • NPrinting
    • Ram?
    • CPU?

Please RDP to both servers when running this report and observe in task manager CPU and RAM usage.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1716980415337.png

Also in the same Task Manager on NPrinting server scroll down to QV.exe processes and observer their activity. Do you notice if there is activity going in those proceses.

krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

qlikview version in nprinting server is the same.

krmvacar_0-1716981419241.png

when run task nprinting server task manager:

krmvacar_1-1716981545076.png

when run task qlikview server

krmvacar_2-1716981610212.png

I use the simple table found in Qlikview default in the report. I do not use any objects such as extensions or anything.

krmvacar_4-1716981805060.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well. List of unsupported objects is there for reason. So make sure you check that. No triggers, no always one selected values, no macros etc.. make sure you check hidden sheets if you have any for those unsupported objects. 

how long does it take to send to excel the object directly from QlikView just by using “Send to excel” option. 
I am asking that as Nprinting would do the same thing so i am trying to get understanding how long that object will calculate for…

cheers

krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, 

I checked again and there is no hidden sheet or unsupported object.

23 rows and 1035725 records table When I press send to excel

Start Time: 2:40 PM

End Time: 3.01 PM  

21 minutes

If we look at the running time of the same table on Nprinting

160 minutes

krmvacar_0-1716982978671.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well. I am running out of options. The problem is that there is nothing obvious. 
You can try open support ticket but first thing you will be asked will be to upgrade to currently supported setup (Qlikview and Nprinting). 
I guess any further testing, validation would require access to analyse you environments which here on community will not be possible.
@Ruggero_Piccoli - can you comment on this? I think we have most of required info and apart from unsupported version (as of now) there is nothing else i can think of which could cause such long generation time.
cheers