Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II

Export taking too long

Hi All,

I have a qvw file on Qlikview and I write the excels I produce from this qvw file on nprinting to a file. It takes a very long time to write. My qvw file size is 395 KB. My export excel file size is 187 KB. There are 3 different pages in Excel and there are too many lines. .I have to use Excel in other applications, so I need to proceed this way. What can I do to shorten the time?

krmvacar_0-1716967049136.png

Qlikview version : 2019 april SR3

Nprinting version : 2020 september

Nprinting Server : 16 GB RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5220R CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz (2 processors)

Labels (2)
13 Replies
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for your interest.

This is a very important issue for us.

I would be very happy if they could help.

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You have to realize you are 4-5 years behind the current version. A lot was improved in that time so I would strongly consider upgrade to rule out any other known issues which otherwise will be there. cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Since we are in the transition process to qlikview qlik sense, we cannot upgrade the version.

because we need to upgrade the qlikview version for the nprinting version

We will upgrade to the latest version soon. I hope the version transition will solve the problem.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with previous suggestions. I would like to add that it could be something related to the writing speed of the exported file. Try to export the same data from the same QVW same QlikView version etc manually, without including Qlik NPrinting and check how long it takes.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.