Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nrq
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exporting and Designing Nprinting Reports on a Different Computer/Server?

Recently we migrated our Nprinting platforms to a new server. Later we found out that it is not allowed to install MS Office products on this new server. So currently we're unable to design/modify the Nprinting reports using MS Excel.

Is there any way to export Nprinting reports, edit them on a different computer/server which does have Excel, then import them back to the server? Or will I have to migrate Nprinting again to a completely different server that does allow MS Office products?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

1. If you are only creating excel reports, yes.

2.  Note the below from the requirements:

Microsoft Office: A valid Microsoft Office license is required. Microsoft Office must be installed locally on computers where Qlik NPrinting Designer is installed if you plan to create ExcelPowerPoint, or Word report templates. Both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are supported:

• Excel 2016, 2019
  • PowerPoint 2016, 2019
  • Word 2016, 2019
  • Microsoft Office 365 Desktop

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@nrq 

Further to Ray's points.

• Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) must be installed wherever the NP designer is installed in order to create new and edit existing NPrinting MS Offices reports.
  • The NP server does not require MS Office to be installed.

Therefore, if you are not installing the NP Designer where the NP server is installed, then you do not need to install MS Office at all on your new NP server.

Kind regards. 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

1. Nprinting Designer isn't limited to installs on the Nprinting server.

2. Please review the requirements on the help site link.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

nrq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Ray,

I know that, but if I have just Nprinting Designer and MS Excel installed on a separate server that doesn't have anything else Nprinting related, will I still be able to design/modify Nprinting reports if I export them from the main Nprinting server?

Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

1. If you are only creating excel reports, yes.

2.  Note the below from the requirements:

Microsoft Office: A valid Microsoft Office license is required. Microsoft Office must be installed locally on computers where Qlik NPrinting Designer is installed if you plan to create ExcelPowerPoint, or Word report templates. Both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are supported:

• Excel 2016, 2019
  • PowerPoint 2016, 2019
  • Word 2016, 2019
  • Microsoft Office 365 Desktop

Frank_S
Support
Support

@nrq 

Further to Ray's points.

• Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) must be installed wherever the NP designer is installed in order to create new and edit existing NPrinting MS Offices reports.
  • The NP server does not require MS Office to be installed.

Therefore, if you are not installing the NP Designer where the NP server is installed, then you do not need to install MS Office at all on your new NP server.

Kind regards. 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!