Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NishantPatel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Failed to Send Emailed NPrint Report

Hi,

Recently I have come across issues with Qlik NPrinting where automated report tasks are not getting emailed out to all users. This changes from time to time and it is very random. For example, the report might not get sent to one user today but then it would work for that same user the next day, however it would not work for a different user.

I've tried a few things (see below) in an attempt to resolve the issue myself, however I am still having issues.

1. Removed and re-added users from report tasks that contained the error message (screenshot below).

NishantPatel_0-1666659012995.png

2. Verify and reload all connections that belong to the report/report tasks.

3. Stopped and restarted services following this order: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/What-is-the-best-order-to-restart-NPrinting-Services-in...

4. Restarted the server that contained Qlik NPrinting.

5. I then had a look at the nprinting_scheduler logs (located in C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Logs) and found this error message: "The user [user_id] listed in task [task_id] does not have permission to view one or more reports attached to the task. No email will be sent."

Note: actual user id and task id are replaced with placeholder text in brackets.

6. I had a look at the permissions of this user (Admin > Users > Roles) and found that they already have the necessary permissions (see screenshot below).

NishantPatel_1-1666660109071.png

7. After that, I checked the security roles of the user role (Admin > Security Roles > User) and I think everything looks okay (see screenshot below).

NishantPatel_2-1666660234256.png

I've tried a lot of different things (as mentioned above) and I'm not sure how I can resolve this issue. Could someone please assist?

Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Many thanks for the detailed description of your issue.

First of all, September 2020 is no more supported, the minimum supported version is November 2020. I strongly suggest you plan an upgrade to the latest available version (May 2022 SR2). In two years we solved many issues and starting from the newest version assure you that you are not experiencing an already solved issue. 

On the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Set-up-emai... you will find the list of the typical problems with SMTP servers. Intermittent errors in email delivery are the typical behavior of attachments over the quota allowed by the SMTP server. Check also the SMTP server logs. 

The first screenshot of an error also suggests that there could be a timeout on the connection. It could be that the QlikView or Qlik Sense server is overloaded during the report generation. I suggest you monitor the server workload during the report generation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Get in touch with your email/SMTP server administrator to get this solved. Issue seems to be external from NPrinting and you are only receiving log info which comes from SMTP server where the problem exists so to solve this you need to check the smtp server which generates log and does not send report. 

For testing you can as well create those reports only to folder location - if all reports are produced properly then you have another proof that the issue is external to NPrinting.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Many thanks for the detailed description of your issue.

First of all, September 2020 is no more supported, the minimum supported version is November 2020. I strongly suggest you plan an upgrade to the latest available version (May 2022 SR2). In two years we solved many issues and starting from the newest version assure you that you are not experiencing an already solved issue. 

On the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Set-up-emai... you will find the list of the typical problems with SMTP servers. Intermittent errors in email delivery are the typical behavior of attachments over the quota allowed by the SMTP server. Check also the SMTP server logs. 

The first screenshot of an error also suggests that there could be a timeout on the connection. It could be that the QlikView or Qlik Sense server is overloaded during the report generation. I suggest you monitor the server workload during the report generation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @NishantPatel 

The issue is known and has been resolved by NP Product defect fixes.

As suggested by @Ruggero_Piccoli please plan to upgrade to supported version of NPrinting (and Qlik Sense).

Please check the NPrinting System requirements - Qlik Sense compatibility - section before proceeding.

--https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_engine.htm#anchor-1

If the issue persists after the upgrade, we would need you to start a support case with us so we can investigate any new defects around this error if any.

Kind regards...

Internal Defect IDs:  OP 9393, OP 9395

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!