cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucasbh
Contributor II
Contributor II

Feature Request: Option to Duplicate Filters in NPrinting

i would like to suggest a new feature for NPrinting: the ability to duplicate filters within the filter creation process. This would be a valuable addition to the application and would improve the user experience in several ways:

• Increased efficiency: Duplicating filters would save time and effort when creating reports that require similar or identical filter criteria. Instead of manually recreating the same filter multiple times, users could simply duplicate an existing filter and make any necessary modifications.

• Improved accuracy: Duplicating filters would help to reduce errors and inconsistencies in report results. By ensuring that filter criteria is applied correctly across multiple reports, users can be confident in the accuracy of their data analysis.

• Enhanced flexibility: Duplicating filters would provide users with greater flexibility when designing reports. It would allow users to easily experiment with different filter combinations and create more complex and nuanced reports.

Example:

Suppose I have a report that filters data for a specific product category. I want to create a second report that uses the same filter criteria, but with an additional filter for a specific product brand. Instead of recreating the entire filter from scratch, I could simply duplicate the existing filter and add the new brand filter.

Benefits:

• Increased efficiency
    • Improved accuracy
    • Enhanced flexibility
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Lucasbh 

1. To submit idea please use IDeation page as that is the portal for new ideas requests: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight 
  2. Regarding your idea - yes I support it as duplicating any entity would be good. Just want to suggest for you that you can maintain filters and consistency by importing them using import task: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use...
    1. We set this up for all our clients and methodology is that if they wish to create a duplicate of the filter they just duplicate row in spreadsheet and adjust required fields name/connection/app and values of filters.

Let us know how you go.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Lucasbh 

1. To submit idea please use IDeation page as that is the portal for new ideas requests: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight 
  2. Regarding your idea - yes I support it as duplicating any entity would be good. Just want to suggest for you that you can maintain filters and consistency by importing them using import task: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use...
    1. We set this up for all our clients and methodology is that if they wish to create a duplicate of the filter they just duplicate row in spreadsheet and adjust required fields name/connection/app and values of filters.

Let us know how you go.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lucasbh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

First of all, I want to thank you for your quick response. The option you offer me is a very good alternative and I find it very interesting when it comes to having an organized database and easy to consult how all the states of APPs, Filters, Connections, Users, Groups are...

With this, I have a new question, would it be possible to export EVERYTHING to an excel file? It would be great to be able to export everything that is currently already created (apps, connections, filters, conditions, reports, publication tasks, users, groups, roles) and in that way start managing by the method you mentioned.

Again, thank you for everything and I wish you a good day.

Lucas