Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GENClik60
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filter für mehrere User und mehrere Abteilungen (english below)

Hallo zusammen,
ich habe folgendes Problem: Ich erstelle in QlikView eine Auswertung, die mehrere User bekommen sollen.

Aber jeder User darf nur bestimmte Abteilungen sehen, also nicht alle Abteilungen.
Ich habe zu jedem User ein Filter erstellt, das auf dasselbe Filter, indem Fall auf die Abteilung zugreift.

Wie kann ich das so aufbauen, dass jeder User nur seine eigene Abteilung im Bericht sehen darf.

Bsp: User 1 darf nur Abteilung xy sehen
User 2 darf Abteilungen xy und z sehen.

Vielen Dank für die Rückmeldung.

Gruß GENClik

Hello everyone,
I have the following problem: I create an evaluation in QlikView that several users should get.
But each user can only see certain departments, not all departments.
I have created a filter for each user that accesses the same filter by case on the department.
How can I set it up so that each user can only see their own department in the report.

Example: User 1 may only see department xy
User 2 can see departments xy and z.
Thank you for the feedback.

Greetings GENClik

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. All the versions you are indicating in labels are no longer supported
  2. Upgrade you version of NPrinting to supported version and indicate which version you are using
  3. Once you do that navigate to http://help.qlik.com and study how user filters work for the supported version of NPrinting (for example: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi... )

Otherwise search community for this topic as it had been discussed for ages on many occasions: for eaxample: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Hard-time-understanding-user-filters-Nprinting-Feb-2018...

I am not seeing your setup - but I guess you have  configured most of the required steps. Have you assigned filters to users? Manually you can do this by editing each user record and navigating to Filter submenu. Automatically it can be done via import task I gave you link above (link applies to May2022 version - make sure you choose your version template)

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. All the versions you are indicating in labels are no longer supported
  2. Upgrade you version of NPrinting to supported version and indicate which version you are using
  3. Once you do that navigate to http://help.qlik.com and study how user filters work for the supported version of NPrinting (for example: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi... )

Otherwise search community for this topic as it had been discussed for ages on many occasions: for eaxample: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Hard-time-understanding-user-filters-Nprinting-Feb-2018...

I am not seeing your setup - but I guess you have  configured most of the required steps. Have you assigned filters to users? Manually you can do this by editing each user record and navigating to Filter submenu. Automatically it can be done via import task I gave you link above (link applies to May2022 version - make sure you choose your version template)

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
GENClik60
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,
we have the Qlik NPrinting February 2021 version.

I have assigned the allowed department in the filters to each user.
However, I then get an error message "define an empty set" from the second filter onwards.
What could be the problem? and where is this filter set? in the task publication or in the report?

greetings GENClik

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @GENClik60 

Empty set is a common error when using an NP filter that uses a value from the same dimension twice.

If the intersection gives an empty result, the filter chain will become invalid.

For example:

Example 4

• Task filter: Country = Italy
  • User filter: 
  • Report filter: Country = Germany
  • Resulting filter: empty

Filter rules and examples can be found here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi...

If you want to filter for both Italy and Germany, create a single filter called 'ItalyGermany' and add both countries to the filter. 

Then apply this filter either to:

1. the task filter or

2. the report filter or

3. the user filter

Do NOT apply the filter to more than one of the above since that will generate an 'empty set' message.

Kind regards

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
GENClik60
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hey,
if I create a filter that includes all departments, how can I determine which user can see which departments as a report?
As mentioned above as an example: There is a report where all departments are in it.
User 1 should get a report where only Department A is in it.
User 2 gets a report with departments B and C.
User 3 gets a report with departments D, E and F.
If I now pack departments A-F in a filter, how can I assign this to the individual?

Greeting GENClik60

Frank_S
Support
Support

@GENClik60 

Basically, you can have only one set of user filters per NP recipient. Hopefully the info below demonstrates this point in case that is what you are asking about.

Part 1 - One ore more department filters per user

Create filters called 

Department A  - assign to User 1

Department BC - assign to User 2

Department DEF - assign  to User 3

Result:

User 1 will get a report based on user filter Department A
User 2 gets a report with Department BC
User 3 gets a report with Department DEF

Part 2 - all departments filter

If you need to assigned Departments A to F to each user above rather than individual departments, then create a filter for Departments A b c d e f.

Call it DeptAtoF

Assign DeptAtoF to each user. 

The other thing you can do is create multiple NP user accounts for a person in your organization.

This way you can distribute reports to 

Department A  - assign to GENClik601

Department BC - assign to GENClik602

Department DEF - assign  to GENClik603

DeptAtoF - assign to GENClik604

Add each user recipient in a single NPrinting Publish task to distribute the necessary all departments filtered report.

(You need to have a unique email address and user name for each NP user recipient so keep that in mind.)

Once you assign a filter or filters to a user, those are applied to the user indefinitely. That is until you manually update the user filter(s).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @GENClik60 

I think you are making fundamental error there by applying 2 filters which dont intersect. There is big difference between:

1. first Filter Department A,  second Filter Department B assigned to user
  2. vs filter Department A,B assigned to user

Option from point 1 will not work as NPrinting will assign first filter (A) and then will try to assign and intersect second filter (B) which is already excluded as (A) i selected so none of all your filters in this scenario can be applied as they are resulting in empty set. 

Second option filtering field by values A&B in one filter applies both values at the same time hence there is no empty set. 

This is all explained in https://help.qlik.com on the examples provided.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You cannot pack departments A-F in one filter in order to achieve what you say. Instead you need to create a filter for each combination of values which come from the same field being fiters: A,BC, DEF as 3 different filters.

I guess the easiest way of explaining it would be to say that each NPrinting filter works as "logical AND" when put together with another filter

Frank_S
Support
Support

This is what I had in mind for a single filter with departments A to F. I don't have a department so I just used City to demo. Perhaps this is clearer?

Then add this filter to the user profile as a user filter.

Kind regards...