cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II

Filter specific date dd.mm.rrrr eg. 22.10.2023

Hello, how to create a filter for a specific date in Qlik Nprinting (eg. 22.10.2023)?
I've probably tried every combination:

Value is =45217
Value is ="22.10.2023"
Value is =22.10.2023
Value is 22.10.2023
Evaluate value is Day(22.10.2023)
Evaluate value is Date(22.10.2023)

The value is Date, and takes specific dates:

Sebastian_Dec_1-1698002840563.png

In Data Load Editor:
date(hid_data) as Data,

I'm sure the value Data is correct beacuse this formula works:  Evaluate value = Day(Today()-1)

Sebastian_Dec_2-1698003004341.png

EDIT:
I try: Advanced search ='18.10.2023' and its works, but for a different reason, the report has errors and something is miscalculated. This error does not occur with Evaluate value = Day(Today()-1), but I want to provide a specific date and not count from today.

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please take the time needed to add the correct label of the version of the software you are using. 

Did you checked old community posts on the topic like:

Plus the reare the articles by @Lech_Miszkiewicz :

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Sebastian_Dec 

Agree with @Ruggero_Piccoli - re-read all the articles I wrote about data types and filters.

You must understand your Qlik data first to be able to apply correct filter. 

By looking at your examples you are trying things which to me dont make sense, like: "Evaluate value is Date(22.10.2023)". That from the core of how "Date" function works is just wrong! Same with your attempt to use "Day" which will not make sense neither. 

You first question should be:

1. what is my date field data type in Qlik Sense
  2. If it is Date/Integer/Numerical you need to provide Numerical value using either "numerical value is" option which would be hardcoded or "evaluate value" with function returning numerical representation of the date.

Understanding core basics of your data types is absolute bare minimum to then apply correct filters. 

now looking at your examples again:

Value is =45217 - this is wrong as likely your date is integer which requires "Numeric Value is option"
Value is ="22.10.2023"- this is wrong as likely your date is integer which requires "Numeric Value is option" and value you are providing is string
Value is =22.10.2023 - this is wrong as likely your date is integer which requires "Numeric Value is option"

Agree with @Ruggero_Piccoli - re-read all the articles I wrote about data types and filters.

By looking at your examples you are trying things which to me dont make sense, like: "Evaluate value is Date(22.10.2023)". That from the core of how "Date" function works is just wrong! Same with your attempt to use "Day" which will not make sense neither. 

2. If it is Date/Integer/Numerical you need to provide Numerical value using either "numerical value is" option which would be hardcoded or "evaluate value" with function returning numerical representation of the date.

Understanding core basics of your data types is absolute bare minimum to then apply correct filters. 

Value is =45217 - this is wrong as likely your date is integer which requires "Numeric Value is option"
Value is ="22.10.2023"- this is wrong as likely your date is integer which requires "Numeric Value is option" and value you are providing is string

Value is 22.10.2023 - this is wrong as likely your date is integer which requires "Numeric Value is option"and value you are providing is string
Evaluate value is Day(22.10.2023) - this is wrong as Day function returns value from 1-31 and not date
Evaluate value is Date(22.10.2023) - this is wrong as Date() function applies format of the date and does not convert actual text value to a date. Instead you could use num(Date#('22.10.2023','DD.MM.YYYY')) which as documented would translate string to a date and as per Qlik Sense data type be converted to number.

TOpic is super easy but you must get the understanding of fundamentals.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sebastian_Dec

If you create field like I suggested then your filters should work:

• numerical value is: 45221
  • evaluate value: num(MakeDate(2023,10,22))

If it still does not work then:

• it is possible you have other filters which cause issue
  • you have unsupported objects (always one selected value) or triggers or other (check documentation)
  • you have not regenerated metadata

good luck and let us know how you go

cheers.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please take the time needed to add the correct label of the version of the software you are using. 

Did you checked old community posts on the topic like:

Plus the reare the articles by @Lech_Miszkiewicz :

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Sebastian_Dec 

Value is =22.10.2023 - this is wrong as likely your date is integer which requires "Numeric Value is option"

Value is 22.10.2023 - this is wrong as likely your date is integer which requires "Numeric Value is option"and value you are providing is string
Evaluate value is Day(22.10.2023) - this is wrong as Day function returns value from 1-31 and not date
Evaluate value is Date(22.10.2023) - this is wrong as Date() function applies format of the date and does not convert actual text value to a date. Instead you could use num(Date#('22.10.2023','DD.MM.YYYY')) which as documented would translate string to a date and as per Qlik Sense data type be converted to number.

TOpic is super easy but you must get the understanding of fundamentals.

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sebastian_Dec 

Other things you dont mention and you dont take care in load script are possible timestamps on date field.

date(hid_data) as Data only apply default mask on date/time value. It can be 22.10.2023 at 12:00 am or maybe 22.10.2023 at 3:00 pm. You are not ensuring here that you only have date (and not time) by applying date(floor(hid_data)).

If you would apply date(floor(hid_data)) then in nprinting you would use:

• numerical value is: 45221
  • or num(MakeDate(2023,10,22))
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz @Ruggero_Piccoli thank you very much for so many valuable tips and guides.
I'll check everything and let you know by the end of the week.

I quickly tried the method with date(floor(hid_data)) and numerical value is: 45221 or num(MakeDate(2023,10,22)), but it still shows me errors, so I have to determine exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sebastian_Dec

If you create field like I suggested then your filters should work:

• numerical value is: 45221
  • evaluate value: num(MakeDate(2023,10,22))

If it still does not work then:

• it is possible you have other filters which cause issue
  • you have unsupported objects (always one selected value) or triggers or other (check documentation)
  • you have not regenerated metadata

good luck and let us know how you go

cheers.