Skip to main content

Qlik NPrinting

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sforrester
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Filtering tables in an NPrinting Pixel Perfect Report

Hi all,

I am trying to create a table in an NPrinting Pixel Perfect report but I need to filter out some of the data using a wildcard.

- I have tried using 'Evaluate Value' as a filter prior to creating the report but I keep getting the error - Wrong content node response type. I've tried multiple formulas here:

[User Name]-='*admin*'

if([User Name]-='*admin*', [User Name])

I also tried != instead of -=

- I tried creating a formula to use in the table cell in the actual report:  =only({<[User Name]-={'*admin*'}>} [User Name]) which works but it doesn't eliminate nulls, I just get a line with a '-' instead of the value.

User 1

-

User 3

User 4

etc.

- I tried using just the field name [User Name] in the table cell and then applying a conditional filter on the cell [User Name] != '*admin*' but it seems to be ignoring the wildcard. I also tried % instead of * but no luck.

Can anyone direct me on how to apply a wildcard filter to ideally the whole report, but at least this table? I'm using NPrinting June 2017 and Qlik Sense 2017.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Kostas_Lag
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Shana,

I think what you are trying to do is also related to my question...

Advanced Search filters in NPrinting 17.5

Since NP17 filters only return a single value and not an array I guess that your filter wouldn't work!

I've seen some suggestions to create a flag for the data you want to filter and use it as a filter.

I hope it helps,

Kostas