Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c_pannese
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hide Nprinting Sheet On Demand

Hi all,

I've created an On-Demand report on my Qlik Sense app. The report reads data from some straight tables in a dedicate sheet on my app. By security rules i'm tryng to hide the sheet to the users, but when i hide the sheet the user cannot generate the report an the error is "Request failed".

what is missing?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - in that case I have nothing else for you. 

I can only suggest upgrade of NPrinting and Qlik Sense as features you need are available in current versions and work well.

From the memory in scenarios like yours with the on demand reports (using old versions of Qlik Sense) I was creating separate app with exactly the same data model and I was putting that app in separate stream. I was then building my report on on based on that app. It was not recomended solution but it worked for me and it still does. I also use this approach in scenarios where my UI app is not suppoerted (for example has always one selected values) and I need to have NPrinting OnDemand reporting running from it. 

At the end it is your choice what you want to do. Options are:

• upgrade and use hide/show sheet
  • use container
  • create separate app

Then there are additional things to consider which you did not mention - do you use section access?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Without any idea of how your report is constructed, I would suggest this:

• Creating a straight table containing the dimension values that you need for your report which are currently on the 'hidden' sheet.
  • Add that straight table to your NP report as a table and use this table for user selection options.

Also, check that your report does not have filters associated with it.

If it does, remove the report filter and try again.

Here is an article that mentions a few other scenarios that can cause request failed messages as well.

Kind regards...

ps: since you didn't mention the version of Qlik Sense, please check the article mentioned above as there are some issues resolved that produce this error with older versions of Qlik Sense that are fixed in newer versions of QS.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Really it depends on the version of software you are using. With latest versions of Qlik Sense that is possible as far as I am aware.

I am succesfully placing object in hidden sheets (I am using conditional hide/show sheet option in Qlik Sense - not security rules!!!) and that works well.

As alternative you could use container to put object in it and and "hide" from being visible on UI. That also worked for me last time I checked.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
c_pannese
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

i know, but at the moment in no possible upgrade Qlik Sense and the version is june 2019 .To use the container i too late for me now.

Thank you

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - in that case I have nothing else for you. 

I can only suggest upgrade of NPrinting and Qlik Sense as features you need are available in current versions and work well.

From the memory in scenarios like yours with the on demand reports (using old versions of Qlik Sense) I was creating separate app with exactly the same data model and I was putting that app in separate stream. I was then building my report on on based on that app. It was not recomended solution but it worked for me and it still does. I also use this approach in scenarios where my UI app is not suppoerted (for example has always one selected values) and I need to have NPrinting OnDemand reporting running from it. 

At the end it is your choice what you want to do. Options are:

• upgrade and use hide/show sheet
  • use container
  • create separate app

Then there are additional things to consider which you did not mention - do you use section access?

cheers

Lech

c_pannese
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, there is section access. When i created connection on Nprinting the flag on section access was cheched. 

thank you very much

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @c_pannese 

There you go - we always need to know full picture 🙂 Section access possibly can complicate things even more.

I need to do my testing to check which features will work with it and will get back to you next week.

cheers