Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sten_lomme
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to limit Excel tabs when using Page-cycle to only include tabs with active data according to current filter

Let's say we have a model with a user dimension with the following values:

• John
  • Jane
  • Rich

Now all these three have sales connected to them, but when the NPrinting model filters to let's say August, where Jane has no sales. Jane should not be populated as a seperate sheet. Is this possible?

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I want an Excel report with a worksheet for each salesman with more than 100000 $ in sales in USA:

1 Create a filter with Advanced search

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1692882596536.png

2 create the Excel template with the field Salesman in Page

3 apply the filter country=USA and the advanced one to the report. Pay attention at filters order

4 run a preview and you will have a worksheet only for salesman with more than 100000$ in USA and no other black worksheet

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz that you could have issue in how the variable is build.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Funny - thats was a rookie mistake - you have to admit it!🤣😂

Anyway - I am glad it worked for you. Make sure you study documentation and get proper training in NPrinting or at least go through the part of help marked below as a total minimum!!! If you would have done that before you would know straight away that you need report or task filter.

Important: Make sure you understand that advanced search filter will only work within possible selection state. That means that values excluded from selection state by other filters will no be selected  when advanced search filter gets applied. It works like that also directly in QlikView or Qlik Sense.

cheers

by the way - that below  (the whole "Designing reports" section) is a absolute minimum you should go through before developing in Nprinting. Good luck!

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1692883051342.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sten_lomme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I can't use the filter on the task or report, as other sheets of the report needs access to more data. But we can live with the current limitations as of now. Thanks!!!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You could have. 1 report but create 2 different connections to the same qlik app. For the purpose of sheet filtering and its content you could use one connection and for other sheets you could use second connection. 

building Nprinting report should start from understanding what we need to build-knowing exactly what final outcome needs to look like, where data comes from, what filters are required, what levels, pages and object we need to apply.  You should design everything from the beginning so you wouldnt waste time re-doing everything. 

any challenges? I am sure we will find solution here-cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.