Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobT
Partner - Contributor III

Is everything included in the repository database

Hi,

We have a customer that have a nprint on premise today and the new server is in azure.

I was thinking about the easies way to move everything.

Can you copy the the repository database betweeen the enviroments to get all the filters, publish tasks etc and then just export and import the reports or is the simple way to recreate it all?

We are talking 100's of filters (no not filters that are made from import list)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

When moving an NPrinting environment to a different server, you need to perform a backup of the original NP database (noting the version)

Then restore this database to the target (New) NPrinting server. The new NPrinting server MUST be the same version as the NP server from which you took the NPrinting backup.

Please check the following article which explains in more detail:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

When moving an NPrinting environment to a different server, you need to perform a backup of the original NP database (noting the version)

Then restore this database to the target (New) NPrinting server. The new NPrinting server MUST be the same version as the NP server from which you took the NPrinting backup.

Please check the following article which explains in more detail:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
JacobT
Author

Thanks! I missed that when I was googeling.

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries!