Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poooja
Creator
Creator

Issue in Deleting Nprinting report in hub

Hi Qlikies,

I have below question in NPrinting report in Hub.
1. When i delete the template in the NP console, the report is getting deleted in the NewsStand but not in the Hub? what could be the reason?

2. When i run the report twice, i am able to see the recent copy in the newsstand. But in the hub i am not seeing the recent report instead i am seeing the older one. (Ex: I added Now() in the report. In NewsStand copy it shows recent timing, but in the hub it shows older timing)What could be the issue here and how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Pooja

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Answer to Q1:

It is working as designed. NPrinting only maintains report on News Stand as only this is the destination which is referenced in NPrinting repository and is maintained by NPrinting settings.

That being said reports send to other destinations (outside of NPrinting) like:

• Folders
  • Qlik Sense Hub
  • Emails 
  • SharePoints
  • etc...

will not be deleted. 

Answer to Q2:

I have tested it and I have experienced the same behaviour. Please open support ticket regarding this, provide detailed information, screenshots and steps to replicate issue.

@Ruggero_Piccoli - FIY - I did the test and I can confirm the same behaviour. Report sent on the same day from NPrinting to Hub shows data from the first run and does not get updated when the same report is triggered second time.

The same report I also sent to email and in each email I received up to date data (formula which was returning Timestamp(Now()) function. I did test on NPrinting April 2020 (20.10.2.0) and Qlik Sense Feb 2020 Patch 1 (13.62.7)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

1. According to the nprinting documentation You can not delete reports from the hub. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Hub/reports-nprinting.ht...

2. You should not experience this. The hub are supposed to only show the latest report, not the oldest. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Hub-destin...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Answer to Q1:

It is working as designed. NPrinting only maintains report on News Stand as only this is the destination which is referenced in NPrinting repository and is maintained by NPrinting settings.

That being said reports send to other destinations (outside of NPrinting) like:

• Folders
  • Qlik Sense Hub
  • Emails 
  • SharePoints
  • etc...

will not be deleted. 

Answer to Q2:

I have tested it and I have experienced the same behaviour. Please open support ticket regarding this, provide detailed information, screenshots and steps to replicate issue.

@Ruggero_Piccoli - FIY - I did the test and I can confirm the same behaviour. Report sent on the same day from NPrinting to Hub shows data from the first run and does not get updated when the same report is triggered second time.

The same report I also sent to email and in each email I received up to date data (formula which was returning Timestamp(Now()) function. I did test on NPrinting April 2020 (20.10.2.0) and Qlik Sense Feb 2020 Patch 1 (13.62.7)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some tests and I think it is because you did not refresh the Qlik Sense Hub page. Try to refresh the Hub page before downloading the report.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I tried this option "refresh the Hub page" earlier but no luck. 

Thanks,

Pooja

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Ruggero_Piccoli  -

I did refresh the page many times. More to that - tile in hub says that the file has been modified (last modified), but the actual file when you open it has the content which was sent to hub with first upload.

I looked at logs from those NPrinting runs and I assume there are issues to overwrite the existing content in Qlik Sense shared content library, but I cannot debug it. 

This is what I found in logs.

The behaviour I observed is:

1. I can publish new report to hub for the first time

2. I cannot overwrite the existing file on hub - it always keeps the original file in the hub and never replaces it with the new ones. 

I don't know what can be wrong with it - this is the most stable and simple configured environment I ever had.

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo	20.10.2.0	Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.HubPublishingService	20200807T220146.863+10:00	ERROR	NPTEST01		0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	Error trying to cleanup shared content 7f5a84a2-3f92-4699-bbb3-f6fa5340ded6. ERROR: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.↓↓   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)↓↓   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)↓↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.HubPublishingService.ConvertMetadataArrayToDictionary(HubApiMetaData[] metaData) in C:\Jws\release-april2020-k7285I5rF\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\HubPublishingService.cs:line 393↓↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.HubPublishingService.CleanUpExpiredContent(Hub hub) in C:\Jws\release-april2020-k7285I5rF\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\HubPublishingService.cs:line 462			
Qlik.NPrinting.Repo	20.10.2.0	Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.HubPublishingService	20200807T220147.009+10:00	ERROR	NPTEST01		0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	Error trying to cleanup shared content c18b5644-46bd-4aa5-ba03-829c67e6eced. ERROR: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.↓↓   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)↓↓   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)↓↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.HubPublishingService.ConvertMetadataArrayToDictionary(HubApiMetaData[] metaData) in C:\Jws\release-april2020-k7285I5rF\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\HubPublishingService.cs:line 393↓↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.HubPublishingService.CleanUpExpiredContent(Hub hub) in C:\Jws\release-april2020-k7285I5rF\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\HubPublishingService.cs:line 462			

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

You are using 20.10; the 20.19.3 (June 2020) has the following issue solved:

Error while deleting reports published on Qlik Sense Hub via APIs
Sometimes there was an error when cleaning up the history of reports published to the Qlik Sense Hub. The error was logged on scheduler.log file as: "An item with the same key has already been added". Note that you can delete reports published on the Qlik Sense Hub only by using Qlik Sense APIs.

Maybe you are experiencing this issue. I did my tests with September 2020 TP and it worked correctly. Could you upgrade your installation at least at June 2020 and test again? Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check the following article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000044697

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
bm_mk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

First of all I realise I am replying to a very old thread, but since Qlik has still not properly solved this issue as far as I can find anywhere I would like very much to implement an acceptable solution.
I am trying to delete orphan (or all) NPrinting Reports from the hub, because users are now seeing up to 10 (or more) old invalid report links in their hub.

@Ruggero_Piccoli  you mention the use of API's but I have yet to find or configure a working example, could you point me to one?

Besides that why those this post say 'SOLVED' - I don't see anything mentioned here as solved. Working as designed is not SOLVED when the design is bad and this should be considered as a BUG.

Kind Regards,

MK

Vegar
MVP
MVP

@bm_mk : I have not tried this my self, but I've seen refrences to this page, Unified HUB, in a similar case: Unified hub - cleaning up old Nprinting reports an... Maybe it can help you with your issue. 

I would alsu encourage you to show your support to the Ideation post Ability to Delete Nprinting Reports from Sense Hub which adresses your issue.