Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krishna_Kiran
Contributor II
Contributor II

Lot of white space occurs after Asset class and its table displayed

Hi Friends,

While I am trying to generate a PDF report from Pixel prefect I am facing an issue. Kindly help on the scenario if any one has faced the same.

For every asset class there will be a table. But for any one asset class i am getting lot of white space and next asset class starts from second page. But this  problem will not happens for all asset class. Attached document in detail.

Regards,

Krishna Kiran C

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some tests in my November 2019 installation. I created a template similar to your one with two levels under the same main level, than I created a table by appending them. I created many previews with different combinations of Keep Together and Keep Together with Details Report and I was not able to reproduce the issue related to the white spaces. 

I can suggest you to upgrade to November 2019 and test with this version that is the latest available. If it doesn't work please open a support ticket with the template and the app so my colleagues can reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The Keep Together property prevents the band content from being split into two pages if there is not enough space on the current page.

The Keep Together With Details property forces the DetailBand to be printed together with its DetailReportBands, so that all the Detail-DetailReportBand content is printed on the same page.

I think you should try to enable only the Keep Together property and test.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Krishna_Kiran
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thank you very much for your reply.

After trying with "only Keep Together" property, tables are coming without any extra space.
But one table was occurred with page break. Remaining all tables are coming correctly.
That table is coming from Detail3 band. The table which was broke having two rows so i tried by adding row span
as 2 , even though there is no luck. Can you please help on that without splitting this table.

Regards,

Krishna Kiran C

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is hard to understand the reason from a community post. Could you open a support ticket and include everything useful to reproduce? The template, the source app, etc?

Or can you post some screenshots of the template? It is not clear to me how it is organized.

Best Regards,

ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Krishna_Kiran 

You do not seem to have a group header which is important for achieving your requirement.  You also need to embed your levels correctly as well...this is show in this video.

If I understand your requirement correctly you can do it by checking the following video starting from 1 hour 29 minutes. (the designer is NP 16 but the design principle is identical for NPrinting 17+ platform.

https://youtu.be/YiTy_cPqRSk?t=5340

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Krishna_Kiran
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I have added few screen shot  and explained my scenario. Please find the attachment and let me know if you can able to understand and can help on my issue.

Regards,

Krishna Kiran C

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks. It is because for PixelPerfect Details2 and Details3 are two different bands so in its logic they could be separated instead in your meaning they must be attached. Could you also add a screenshot of the left side treeview?

I do some tests here, I want to see if I can reproduce.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Krishna_Kiran
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Please find the screen shots of my tree view also please let me know is the image fine or do you need anything else.

regards,

Krishna Kiran C

Krishna_Kiran
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply Frank, I will check

Regards,

Krishna Kiran C

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some tests in my November 2019 installation. I created a template similar to your one with two levels under the same main level, than I created a table by appending them. I created many previews with different combinations of Keep Together and Keep Together with Details Report and I was not able to reproduce the issue related to the white spaces. 

I can suggest you to upgrade to November 2019 and test with this version that is the latest available. If it doesn't work please open a support ticket with the template and the app so my colleagues can reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero