cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_Olli
Contributor II
Contributor II

More than one report selectable as on-demand report in QlikSense

Hello, I have a problem with on-demand reports in NPrinting or in the QlikSense app.

I have created 3 on-demand reports in NPrinting, each of which belongs to a different app on the QlikSense Hub. However, when I configure the on-demand report button on the Qlik Sense Hub in the respective app and then execute it, I can choose between the 3 reports under "New Report" as the end user, although I should only see the report for the respective app at this point.

In NPrinting, the 3 reports are under the same app (one app per company)

Can anyone help me how I can make it so that the end users can only generate the report for the respective app? Maybe even not being able to press the "New Report" button? Quick Report would be enough.

Many thanks and best regards

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik_Olli , 

There are 2 options:

1. For that very reason you should be using "App Connection Filter" https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Dema...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1719309358691.png

2. or you can use dedicated NPrinitng apps

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Qlik_Olli
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hallo @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

danke für deinen Beitrag aber leider bringt mir der Filter nichts, da ich zwar nur eine Verbindung sehe aber alle anderen Verbindungen in der selben App im NPrinting angelegt sind. Und unter "New Report" finde ich leider alle Berichte deswegen 

Qlik_Olli_0-1719312469963.pngQlik_Olli_1-1719312482662.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik_Olli 

Please use translator and translate your responses to English to keep this conversation easy for everyone to read. You said:

thank you for your contribution but unfortunately the filter is of no use to me as I can only see one connection but all other connections are created in the same app in NPrinting. And under "New Report" I can't find all reports because of that

My answer to that is that I originally provided you with 2 options and the second option is the one you will need to use (create separate NPrinting app and move your report to new app) in such setup like yours. Movement of report is super easy:

• create new NPritning app
  • recreate connection but link it to new NPritning app
  • export existing report
  • import report and map it to new app and connections.

The process is basicly the same as the one described in documentation here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Qlik_Olli
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,
yes I know that with the additional APP in NPrinting. But we have decided against it due to security role assignment of individual companies and now I am looking for an alternative 🙂

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik_Olli 

Well - in such case you can also create different individual NPrinting connection for this report, do export -import of your report and that should be enough.

I dont see other alternative.

cheers