Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

N-printing On Demand report - Active directory sync

Hello experts,

We have a QlikSense App built and the report is accessed by certain set of users whose access to the QlikSense app is controlled via the AD (active directory) security group. We have built an on-demand report which helps users download the data into single excel sheet. This works fine for me (admin) and developer, however the business users are unable to download the report. The download button is greyed out

I understand there is a security that needs to be enabled in N-printing, however we need to make sure its done via AD group and not individual users. Can someone be kind enough to share a wiki link which shares the information on how to sync up Qlik N-printing with Active directory and get the list of users added to N-printing

I have already tried to 

> manually setup the user and grant him/her role and it works

Qlik NPrinting February 2024 SR1

Version: 24.4.7.0

Regards,

KD 

Qlik NPrinting 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The help site is https://help.qlik.com

The particular topic from you r question is described here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use...

Note that in AD you will need to have group created which will represent the ROLE for NPrinting to assign such role to user. Details are described in helpsite.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kashyapdhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

This wiki is of a great help. It helped me resolve the issue of syncing with the active directory on my end,

Problem statement now is: We will mostly create the Active directory groups with below convention

NPRole_<ReportName>

So i just want to add such groups which begin with NPRole_* and i tried using the filters on the ldap import, however it pulls this AD group and others as well (whcih i dont want)

Any suggestions, maybe something really small i am missing here (just updated the user identification to User from default

kashyapdhar_0-1726054214136.png

kashyapdhar_1-1726054321083.png

Any guidance is much helpful

I looked at this wiki as well: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-How-to-assign-roles-to-an-Act...

still doesn't work. it imports everything

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The only guidence I can give you is to talk to your internal AD admin.

Wildcard * filter you are trying to use may not necesarily work, Maybe it would be better to explicitly list (at least for now required groups).

Also I do not see any filter on Role filters - those Groups would need to be exactly the same as Roles in NPrinting and the filter would need to be applied too.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.