Did you mean: 
vschowdary
Contributor II
Contributor II

N printing SPace adjustment in HTML report

Hi All,

In my qlik report , i am having 2 objects those are 1. TABLE 

2. Text& image object.

I have kept both objects closed to each other.

Now i am trying to generate the HTML report using N printing but i am getting huge gap/space between 2 objects.

COuld you please help me on how to remove the space in the HTML.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @vschowdary 

We dont see your code so we are not able to comment what you have done wrong.

You may need to screenshot/share your HTML template code

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
vschowdary
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Did not use any code in the HTML.

i just pased the objected ID.

PFA

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @vschowdary 

1. if you are using images then that image represents the object you have in Qlik Sense. It is possible that you have a lot of white space due to the way you have created your object in Qlik Sense. Since it is a table it may have more or less records and unless you know the exact number of rows and columns in the table you will not be able to design it perfectly

2. Much better solution is to use table as a data and build html based tables which:

• look nicer
  • scale nicer
  • dont truncate records which dont fit
  • and more....

I dont have anything better for you.

If you are designing in HTML you need to have more than basincs of HTML knowledge otherwise it will be too hard to explain. It is important to know:

• source objects (how the look and what they need to look like in report
  • desired report view
  • and then yo ucould build everything in HMTL (not using images)

Other links:

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I will add couple more comments/questions:

1. Are you using image of the entire sheet or individual 2 objects dragged separately to the html template?
  2. If it is the sheet then playing with resolution/dimensions will change the way they are generated and possibly allowing you to achieve what you need
  3. are you really on NPrinting June 2017? That is not supported for last 5 years. I suggest upgrade ASAP. Make sure you do upgrade together with compatible Qlik Sense version.

cheers