Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jurajmskch
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

NP Designer error - Unable to set frame hook for the parent window

Hello,

I'm having a problem opening report(excel/word) in NP Designer. I'm getting an error like in the picture below: "Unable to set frame hook for the parent window".

jurajmskch_0-1638531369936.png

I've had several problems with the designer in the past, so I've tried several things. Zoom set to 100%, closed all office instances, DPI settings, upgrade to the latest version of MS office 365, downgrade back to MS office 365 to version as on the picture below, which worked for me in the past, installing last NP Designer version. Nothing helped. Sometimes designer open report, but after few seconds report crash.

jurajmskch_1-1638531599997.png

Can you help here please? I really don't know what else to try.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jurajmskch
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for sharing the link. A combination of two helped at the end:
jurajmskch_0-1638537824178.png

- Online full repair of MS Office(version 16.0.14701.20210)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Please see the following KB article: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-NPrinting-can-t-find-supported-reporting-template-edito...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
jurajmskch
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for sharing the link. A combination of two helped at the end:
jurajmskch_0-1638537824178.png

- Online full repair of MS Office(version 16.0.14701.20210)

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR3 solves this issue and is now available for download. Refer to the Release Notes https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-NPrinting-May-2021-SR3/ta-p/1872634#toc-hId-4043113....

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.