Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstensig
Contributor III
Contributor III

NP Gov. Dashboard: Alternate email

Hi
I´m trying to load the 3 Alternate email addresses into NP Gov. Dashboard (version June 21) but without success.
I´m able to see expected values in the Alternate email fields, when opening the public.usr table through my PostgreSQL connection from within the dataload editor in NP Gov. Dashboard
Simply just added 3 lines in the script + in the preceeding load above

,"alternate_email_1"
,"alternate_email_2"
,"alternate_email_3"
FROM "nprinting"."public"."usr";

The script runs fine, but no values are showing up in the added Alternate email fields in the Users table....

We´re using NP nov. 2020 and Sense Aug 2021

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

First I'm trying to understand if you are just having trouble adding the 3 alternate email fields to the NP GOV dashboard and or if you are trying to somehow import values from a QS app into NPrinting.

In any case, I was also able to add the 3 alternate fields to the dashboard by modifying the app's load script as shown in the images below:

Now if you are trying to develop some other method for importing users and user properties into NPrinting, then I suggest following the tried, tested and supported methods for doing so. Custom solutions for importing recipients are not going to be supported ...so just food for thought.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-create-an-NPrinting-recipient-import-task-to-import-u...

...or maybe I missed the point entirely - which is possible!   🙂

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Frank_S - yes it is as simple as adding 3 extra fields in SQL and Load part into "NPrinting Governance Dashboard Version 2" Qlik Sense app https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard/ta-p/1744538

@jstensig says he cannot load those fields for some reason - he is loading fields but says that values are not coming through. Repository DB is just a DB - so in my opinion if you can see records in PostgreSql then you should see the same records after reloading app.

I did testing on my end and it all works ok so I am not sure what is going on. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

We dont see what you did in your script as you are just showing us a little piece of it only.

My guess is that you have not added fields to LOAD part of the script hence they are not loaded at all.

Edit : you said you have added it to load part, so I am not sure...

I have just tested it and it works ok for me.

Share your entire script with changes you made so we can comment on it.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1632136127340.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jstensig
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi again
Yes - it´s strange as I did the script exact the same way as you. Might maybe try to restart NP server at a later time (I did restart the NP services)...
I´ll keep you updated

jstensig_0-1632136982688.png

jstensig
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi 
Did a restart on the NP server, but still no success on getting  values into the 3 Alternate email fields
However then I manually added values to the Alternate email fields on my own user account through the NP GUI (see below) and now I get these values for my own user account into the NP Gov. Dashboard when reloaded !
That made me think about the way how other users are created and all other users with alternate emails are created/updated through "the import file method" - pure automatic excel imports
Maybe the imported data is saved in a different way/table and need to be queried diffently ??

jstensig_0-1632138711261.png

Frank_S
Support
Support

First I'm trying to understand if you are just having trouble adding the 3 alternate email fields to the NP GOV dashboard and or if you are trying to somehow import values from a QS app into NPrinting.

In any case, I was also able to add the 3 alternate fields to the dashboard by modifying the app's load script as shown in the images below:

Now if you are trying to develop some other method for importing users and user properties into NPrinting, then I suggest following the tried, tested and supported methods for doing so. Custom solutions for importing recipients are not going to be supported ...so just food for thought.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-create-an-NPrinting-recipient-import-task-to-import-u...

...or maybe I missed the point entirely - which is possible!   🙂

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Frank_S - yes it is as simple as adding 3 extra fields in SQL and Load part into "NPrinting Governance Dashboard Version 2" Qlik Sense app https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard/ta-p/1744538

@jstensig says he cannot load those fields for some reason - he is loading fields but says that values are not coming through. Repository DB is just a DB - so in my opinion if you can see records in PostgreSql then you should see the same records after reloading app.

I did testing on my end and it all works ok so I am not sure what is going on. 

jstensig
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank
Thanks for joining and yes, I´m  simply just struggling getting the values from the 3 alternate email fields to the NP GOV dashboard. Scriptwise I did exactly like Lech but strangely it does not work.
Then I created a new app, used my NP Repo connection and reloaded the "usr"-table and now values from the 3 alternate email fields are showing up....
Right now I don´t know what the problem is in the NP GOV dashboard, but I´ll try to  find out and let you know

jstensig
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Just found a kind of solution to this ... I tried to use * (star) in the SQL select part instead of the specific list of fieldnames. Now it works and I get values in the "alternate email"-fields
Also tried to switch back to the old method using the specific list of fieldnames in the SQL select part and this method still don´t work as I get no values in the "alternate email"-fields
Might be related to the Postgres connector setup I think

jstensig_0-1655726837693.png