Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mthomas
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting - 1 of 3 Qlik apps cant apply filter, How to still produce PDF with Data from other 2 Qlik apps

Hi,

Im currently having an issue with Nprinting producing a PDF when the data cant be selected in the Qlik Apps. (No data for this year yet on specific account codes)

I have 3 Qlik apps with connections linked to 1 Nprint app so 1 PDF report can have items from all 3 Qlik Apps. After setting up the filters for account code and current year to date to apply to each publish task, the issue im having is when 1 Qlik app doesnt have data for the current year and that specific account (As specified in the filter), The items from the other 2 Qlik apps with data for that account and the current year to date cant be shown because the PDF will fail to be produced. 

I suppose the question is...

Is it possible to have an Nprint PDF still be produced with the data that can be selected and just blank out/remove the items with data that cant be produced?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, I think so. I suggest to test with few objects. Note that you can apply only one object filter to an entity so maybe you need to update your filters in order to include all needed selections on them. Of course you can apply object filters and other filters on task, reports and users.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

My way of dealing with such scenarios is by applying fix in Qlik Sense apps data model. 

In each of the apps I would check for all required combinations of the fields and would create such combination so the filters always can be applied. I simply add those combinations and in fact table i have no values for facts, but dimension are there... Typically you do it by concatenations of distinct combinations of not existing key fields to your fact table.

This is the only workaround I currently have which does the job for me.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

So I ran into the same issue today and while I agree that @Lech_Miszkiewicz's workaround will work, the question still is why do we have this in report settings then:

juraj_misina_0-1627895432340.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The feature in the screenshot is documented in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi.... We developed it because it was requested by customers that want to set that behaviour by themself. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello @Ruggero_Piccoli, thank you for clearing this out. So there actually might be a way out from this thing and that is use object specific filters instead of task/report filters for reports which use multiple source apps. Does that sound realistic?

Juraj

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, I think so. I suggest to test with few objects. Note that you can apply only one object filter to an entity so maybe you need to update your filters in order to include all needed selections on them. Of course you can apply object filters and other filters on task, reports and users.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thank you. I'll give it a shot and post my results here.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Thanks! Sharing the results will help many other people in the future.

Best Regards,
Ruggero